Please visit our calendar for students to make academic advising appointments with Rekha Rosha
The goal of the Diversity Nursing Scholars Program is to increase the academic success, retention and educational attainment of diverse students enrolled in the baccalaureate nursing program.
Funded by a federal Nursing Workforce Diversity grant, this program focuses on increasing the pipeline of nurses entering the healthcare workforce and ensuring these nurses more closely reflect the diversity of the populations they serve.
- Individualized academic coaching to help each student reflect on and set academic goals
- Group classes on effective study habits for college, time management, reducing academic anxiety and procrastination, and becoming a better test taker
- Facilitated study groups
- Participation in student activities with mentoring from students and faculty
- Events to learn more about nursing as a profession
- Scholarship opportunities
- Guidance in applying for scholarships and financial aid
Eligible students will be accepted and enrolled as a first year nursing student with one of the following attributes:
- From under-represented ethnic and cultural groups
- First in their family to attend college
- From low socio-economic backgrounds (federal guidelines apply)
- Graduated from under-performing high schools (as determined by the Massachusetts Department of Education)