Veterans orientation is an online experience, first: you will be able to complete the online orientation at your own pace, at any time.
Complete these items before meeting with your advisor and selecting classes, to eliminate duplicate credit:
- Request that your military transcript be sent to UMass Dartmouth through the Joint Service Transcript (JST) system
- Request official transcript(s) of course work completed at other schools be sent to UMass Dartmouth
- Current students who are veterans, prior military, and reservists suggest that you take the Math Placement Test—especially if you are in the College of Engineering. Register for placement testing at placement.umass.edu.
- Log in: myUMassD
- Select: New Students tab
- Select: Orientation heading
- Click: Online Orientation
During online orientation, you will:
- Learn about the academic requirements of the university
- Receive information specific to transferring credits and veteran benefits
- Learn the contact information for your academic advisor, to initiate your academic advising appointment and register for classes
- Access information about student life, campus resources, staying informed, and a check-list of next steps to follow before classes begin
Classes begin: Wednesday, September 6, 2017
When you come to campus, be sure to bring:
- Certificate of eligibility letter
- A copy of your DD214 form
- Driver's license, passport, or state ID, in order to get your UMassPass
Veterans' Campus Connection Lunch Reception
Friday, September 8, 2017: 12 - 2pm
Claire T. Carney Library Grand Reading Room
If you self-identified as a servicemember on your application you will receive an email as the first day of classes approaches inviting you to the Veteran's Campus Connection Reception. If you are unsure if you're on the email list please email firstname.lastname@example.org to verify and request addition to our roster.
As the first day of classes approaches, you will receive an email inviting you to the Veterans' Campus Connection Reception.
Note: All UMass Dartmouth veterans, prior military, and reservists are welcome to attend. Contact us at 508.910.6402 or email@example.com to RSVP.
- Meet the Veteran Assistants: student leaders who are also veterans and a resource for you as you transition to campus
- Meet the Certifying Official: the staff member who will assist you with your military benefits
- Meet the Associate Dean of Students: the point of contact for all of your needs (excepting benefits) and supervisor of the Veteran Assistants
- Have the option to complete anything you have not yet completed from your online orientation checklist—such as getting your UMassPass (student ID) and taking a campus tour
Contact us: call 508.910.6402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us know how we can help. We are happy to speak with you one-on-one about any questions you have, or to set up a one-on-one meeting with a Veteran Assistant, the Certifying Official, or the Associate Dean of Students.