Veterans orientation is both an online and an in-person experience. You will be able to complete the online orientation at your own pace, at any time.
Complete these items before meeting with your advisor and selecting classes, to eliminate duplicate credit:
- Request that your military transcript be sent to UMass Dartmouth through the Joint Service Transcript (JST) system
- Request official transcript(s) of course work completed at other schools be sent to UMass Dartmouth
- Current students who are veterans, prior military, and reservists suggest that you take the Math Placement Test—especially if you are in the College of Engineering. Register for placement testing at placement.umass.edu.
- Log in: myUMassD
- Select: New Students tab
- Select: Orientation heading
- Click: Online Orientation
During online orientation, you will:
- Learn about the academic requirements of the university
- Receive information specific to transferring credits and veteran benefits
- Learn the contact information for your academic advisor, to initiate your academic advising appointment and register for classes
- Access information about student life, campus resources, staying informed, and a check-list of next steps to follow before classes begin
Information for 2020 will be available soon.
Contact us: call 508.910.6402 or email email@example.com.
Let us know how we can help. We are happy to speak with you one-on-one about any questions you have, or to set up a one-on-one meeting with a Veteran Assistant, the Certifying Official, or the Associate Dean of Students.