Strict enforcement of the parking regulations will begin on the first day of classes each semester.
There is no charge for faculty and staff parking decals. If you are a faculty or staff member without a parking decal or have a new vehicle, you must complete the Parking Decal Form.
To get your parking decal
- Have your driver's license and vehicle registration information available—you will need it to complete the form.
- Log in using your UMassD username and password.
- Validate at the bottom of the first page. Confirm at the bottom of the second page
- Print the confirmation page and bring it, along with your UMass Pass, to Parking Services, located on the lower level of the Campus Center.
For your Secondary vehicle
Bring the registration for the second vehicle to Parking Services, located on the ground floor of the Campus Center.
Motorcycles, motorized cycles, and pedicycles
Cyclists who wish to bring a motorcycle on campus must bring the registration and drivers license for their motorcycle to the Parking Office to be issued a motorcycle parking pass.
All motorized vehicles must be registered with the RMV to obtain a UMass parking permit.
Proper display of parking decals and other permits
- Students, faculty, and staff of the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth must affix the decal to the inside of the lower left driver's side of the windshield. Your decal must be displayed in the correct location to be valid.
- Decals may not be taped or remain unsecured from the vehicle windshield.
- If you are issued a hangtag permit, it must be placed on the windshield's rear-view mirror.
- Decals and other permits are not transferable to other vehicles, and they must be displayed and permanently affixed on the vehicle to which they are registered.
- Each vehicle can display only one current decal or permit. Please remove any expired decals.
To avoid towing and ticketing
Effective the first day of classes, all vehicles must have a valid UMass Dartmouth parking decal corresponding to their affiliation to the campus.
All vehicles without proper, current decals or in violation of the parking regulations will be subject to ticketing and fines, wheel boots, and/or towing at the owner's expense. Strict enforcement of parking regulations begins on the first day of each semester.
- You may park only in the parking lots designated by your permit type on a first-come, first-served basis. Refer to the campus map for residential and commuter parking.
- Any car parked in an illegal space (such as disability spaces, fire lanes, etc.) will be subject to ticketing and towing.
- If you have any questions regarding student parking decals, please contact Parking Services: firstname.lastname@example.org or 508.999.8121.
Lost, stolen or fraudulent parking decals
All lost or stolen decals must be reported to University Police and Parking Services immediately. Any vehicle with a stolen or fraudulent decal is subject to university sanctions which may include suspension or revocation of parking privileges.