Earn your degree online from UMassD
Our online bachelor's degree in economics with a concentration in applied economics uses economic theory and empirical analysis to address real-world problems. Learn the underpinnings of economic decision-making by identifying and analyzing the costs and benefits of financial and policy decisions.
- Earn 120 credits for a BA in Economics with a concentration in applied economics online
- Complete your BA in Economics online if you already have some college credits and a GPA of at least 2.0
You will be trained in econometrics, statistical methods, and software specifically for economic data. The knowledge and skills acquired in the concentration in applied economics prepare students for entry-level analytical positions in finance, government, healthcare, consulting, and other fields.
As a student in the online applied economics program at UMass Dartmouth, you'll learn how to:
- collect and analyze micro and macroeconomic data
- evaluate findings from data analysis
- formulate recommendations for business decisions and policymakers
- interpret and forecast market trends
- research economic issues and evaluate policy solutions
Economists pursue careers in business, economic journalism, finance, government, insurance, management, public policy, and real estate. Your degree will also prepare you for graduate study in areas such as business, policy, and law.
UMass Dartmouth Bachelor of Economics students must complete 120 credits to graduate.
With our generous transfer policy, students with existing credits may transfer up to 75 credits from a regionally accredited institution.
Sample Course Offerings
Examples of Economics degree courses offered include (course offerings subject to change):
- Environmental Economics
- Health Economics
- State and Local Public Economics
- Labor Economics
- Public Economics
The online bachelor of arts degree in economics with a concentration in applied economics will prepare you for the following careers:
- account representative
- data analyst
- financial analyst
- insurance underwriter
- mortgage broker
- policy analyst
- sales and operations manager
UMass Dartmouth Advantages
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- UMassD rated #4 in Massachusetts for online bachelor's programs, #6 in New England, and #70 nationwide by U.S. News & World Report
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- Generous transfer policy
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
- Honors College: take advanced courses, pursue research, and be part of a community of scholars
- Study Abroad: earn academic credits and gain a global perspective on your field
- Undergraduate Research: faculty work with students on cutting-edge research projects
- University Studies: gain the benefit of a broad university education to enhance your knowledge and skills