Please let Research Development know as soon as possible if you plan to apply. Submit your Concept Paper by Friday, January 26, 2018 to the Research Development Grant Portal, with a copy to your Dean and your Chair. Collaboration with your UMassD colleagues is encouraged where appropriate.
Established in 2007, and intended to complement the President’s Science and Technology Initiatives Fund, the Creative Economy Fund represents a continued commitment to maintaining the University’s central role in the social, cultural and economic development of the Commonwealth and directly supports the strategic goals of strengthening and expanding the University’s level of community engagement. Funding may also be used at projects aimed at improving policy-making
The funding level is $10 - 30K for a 12 month period.
To see previous winners of this fund, including a brief description of their programs, go to the President's Office CE website.
Follow the format for the concept paper (2 page limit) given in the RFP:
- outline the thrust of the project and how it achieves the goals of the Fund
- identify the project leadership and team
- provide a cost estimate
- describe external funding opportunities to be pursued, if any, and the expected nature of collaborations on or off campus
The UMass Dartmouth review process will follow the RFP criteria (a successful CE proposal need not satisfy all criteria):
• High quality research, scholarly or professional activity;
• Community or other external buy-in and participation;
• Potential for additional external funding;
• Likely positive contribution to economic or social development, cultural or creative richness, or quality of life of local community, region, or state;
• Presence of strong project leadership;
• Multi-discipline or multi-campus engagement where appropriate;