SPA staff believes that it is essential to provide researchers with resources and tools to make them successful in the research enterprise.
Pre & Post-award staff at SPA are available to meet with faculty and staff to discuss topics such as award terms and conditions, allowability, payroll and cost transfers, re-budgets and any other pre and/or post-award related topics as needed. If you would like to set up a meeting at SPA or prefer to have SPA pre and/or post-award staff come visit you to discuss any pre or post-award matters, please contact relevant members of the SPA team to schedule an appointment.
Newly Revised NSF Proposals & Award Policies & Procedures Guide
A revised version of the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG), (NSF 18-1) has been issued.
The new PAPPG will be effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after January 29, 2018. Significant changes include:
- Addition of a new eligibility subcategory on international branch campuses of U.S. Institutions of Higher Education;
- Revision of eligibility standards for foreign organizations;
- Implementation of the standard Collaborators and Other Affiliations (COA) template that has been in pilot phase since April;
- Increase in the Budget Justification page limitation from three pages to five pages;
- Restructuring of coverage on grantee notifications to and requests for approval from NSF, including referral to the Prior Approval Matrix available on the NSF website; and
- Numerous clarifications and other changes throughout the document.
You are encouraged to review the by-chapter summary of changes provided in the Introduction section of the PAPPG.
While this version of the PAPPG becomes effective on January 29, 2018, in the interim, the guidelines contained in the current PAPPG (NSF 17-1) continue to apply.