Skip to main content.

Student Refunds

Financial Aid refund checks

Students whose financial aid award exceeds their charges will receive an email notification to their UMass Dartmouth e-mail account when a refund check is available. Refunds are processed beginning late September for the fall semester and early to mid February for the spring semester.   

If you have a credit balance on your student account, you may request that the university hold it for the academic year instead of refunding it to you. Federal Student Aid Refund Hold Authorization

Checks are distributed through the University Enrollment Center (UEC) located on the first floor of the Administration Building. 

Financial aid recipients are reminded that their financial aid may be adjusted or canceled due to dropping classes or withdrawal from the university per federal, state, and university guidelines. More information: Financial Aid Withdrawal Policy

Hours of operation:
University Enrollment Center: Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm
Bursar's Office: Monday - Friday: 8am - 4:30pm

Photo ID is required to pick up your check.

Credit balance refund

If your account reflects a credit balance as a result of an overpayment and is unrelated to financial aid, a refund check will be processed and mailed to the student’s permanent address on file. Please contact the Bursar’s Office at 508-999-8832 to determine when the refund check will be available.

Direct Deposit for refunds

Students can enroll for direct deposit of student refunds through COIN. This will eliminate the need to go to the University Enrollment Center to pick up your refund check or wait for your check to come in the mail.

Students will receive an email notification to their UMass Dartmouth email account when the refund has been processed. All students who wish to enroll for direct deposits can log into COIN via the myUMassD portal to designate what bank account the funds will be deposited.

A job aid to assist with the process can be found at COIN for Students