The media library is the location where all (photos, documents etc.) are stored for the University's site. Each page is then points to these files through through the use of a hyperlink or path.
Adding media into the Media library
Typically, you will access the Media Library through your content via one of the following ways:
- by the blue Select Media button when adding an image
- or the Insert Media icon when adding a document
However, you can also search and add media directly from the Media Library itself.
- Access the Media library from the Site Structure, and click the left menu, then Select Content > Media Library.
- Once in the Media library, you will see the library’s folder structure on the left, and contents of the selected folder on the right.
- Scroll through the categories until you find the correct one where you want to upload your media. You can click the (+) sign to expand the category to find additional folders underneath.
When searching the media library, you can use the search bar at the top of the page rather than scrolling through the folder. Just be sure to verify the media is correct once you receive your search results!
- Once you’ve come to the correct folder where you want to upload your media, click it to select it (it will now be highlighted blue). Click the green Add media button in the top right corner.
- Upload your file and fill out the required fields:
- Name: this is the name that will show up in T4 (NOT the file name)
- Please follow the these image best practices and naming conventions
- Description/Alt text: this isn’t a required field, but is very important for our users.
- For images, this should completely describe the document and its contents. It is also important to those users who utilize screen readers, as well as for search engine optimization (SEO)
- For documents, this information is not visible to the public, and can be used for versioning, like the date you uploaded the document.
- Media type: Disregard this field. It will update automatically based on the type of file you upload.
If you accidentally upload the wrong document, you can click the red “Remove” button below your uploaded file and try again.
- Once you are happy with your entries, click “Save changes” in the bottom right. Your image/document has now been saved into the media library.