Minimum user level: Moderator
A minimum user level of Moderator is required for some of this functionality due to its potential for severe impact to the website.
Deleting content and sections
Inactive content and sections are not permanently removed from the Terminalfour CMS until it they are manually purged from the system by the Administrators. Admins purge inactive content off of the website once a week typically by EOD Friday but reserve the right to purge inactive content or sections at any time.
There may be instances where you will need to delete a section. Deleting a section will remove the page from the web and the page will result in a 404 error. When you delete a page in T4, a dialogue box may open alerting you of locations within T4 that are linking to this page. Those links will need to be deleted or modified. There are two (2) ways to delete a section.
Option 1: from the site structure
- From the site structure, click the blue Action button beside the section you want to delete and select Delete section.
- You will see a confirmation box asking if you want to delete the section. If you do, in fact, want to delete the section, click Delete. (If not, click Cancel.)
You will see that the text of your newly deleted section is now red. This means the section is now “Inactive.” It will be pulled off of the live site at the next publish.
- From Direct edit, click the blue Action button beside the section you want to delete in the tree site structure and select Delete page.
Note: While in Direct Edit mode, sections are called pages. These items, however, are the same thing.
- You will see a confirmation box asking if you want to delete the page. If you do in fact want to delete the page, click “Delete.” (If not, click “Cancel.”)
- You will see that the text of your newly deleted section/page is now red. This means the section/page is now “Inactive.” It will be pulled off of the live site at the next publish.