Facilities and Resources
Varied facilities and resources across five campuses
Combining facilities and resources from four campuses into a single, coherent graduate program greatly expands the opportunities for IMS students. Students have access to a much greater range of research opportunities, faculty expertise, and facilities that exist on one campus alone.
Each campus has a number of departments and interdepartmental programs with areas of strength in the marine-science field. Our research and outreach constitute critical units of IMS and complement our teaching of future marine scientists.
IMS is closely affiliated with a number of on-campus research centers and institutes, as well as off-campus marine research facilities, expanding its realm of research opportunities and resources.
- Center for Atmospheric Research
- Climate Change Initiative
- Climate System Research Center
- Large Pelagics Research Center
- Nantucket Field Station
- Northeast Fisheries Science Center
- R/V Hurricane
- R/V Neritic
- S.O. Conte Anadromous Fish Research Center
- The Environmental Institute
- Toxics Use Reduction Institute
- Urban Harbors Institute