Hire a Corsair
UMass Dartmouth is a Tier 1 national research university that provides a private college educational experience and public university value. With more than 90 majors, minors, and options across 5 colleges, a UMass Dartmouth education prepares our graduates for a lifetime of personal and professional success.
Customized recruitment plans
The Career Center will customize a recruitment plan to meet your needs and get targeted results. Contact us to get started.
Handshake is a job and internship database for students and alumni. Employers use Handshake to:
- recruit candidates
- post internships
- register to attend Career Fairs
First-time users will need to create an account.
Policy & procedures
The UMass Dartmouth Career Center acts as a liaison of internship and job opportunities to our undergraduate and graduate students and alumni. UMass Dartmouth is not involved in the screening or placement of any student. The University expects all participating organizations to comply with all state and federal laws and regulations, including but not limited to Title VII, Equal Employment Opportunity laws, Fair Labor Standards, Worker’s Compensation laws, and the Americans with Disabilities Act. The Career Center is a member of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), and adheres to the Principles for Ethical Professional Practice for Colleges and Employers.
It is expected that employers will interact with all constituents in a professional and ethical manner, including providing complete information about their organization and conditions of employment within their organization.
- All student information obtained is confidential unless written student consent is received. This standard complies with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Absolutely no fees are to be incurred by the candidate through any application or internship process.
- All current contact information (including but not limited to: organization name, contact person, address, company based email address, phone number, description of organization and position, and pay rate (if applicable) must be included and accurate.
- Misrepresenting your organization by providing false information or omitting critical information can and will result in termination of your privileges to recruit at UMass Dartmouth.
Fees charged to candidates
Companies requiring candidates to invest, purchase supplies, or pay a fee as a condition of employment will not be allowed access to any Center services. This includes start-up or training fees. Positions which require students and alumni to purchase a franchise or "business opportunity" will not be allowed access to services.
Third-party recruiters as defined by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) as: Third-party recruiters are agencies, organizations, or individuals recruiting candidates for temporary, part-time, or full-time employment opportunities other than for their own needs. This includes entities that refer or recruit for profit or not for profit, and it includes agencies that collect student information to be disclosed to employers for purposes of recruitment and employment. The term “third party recruiters” refers to, but is not limited to: employment agencies, staffing services, temporary agencies, on line job boards, recruiters, and contractors. Representatives from these companies may post under the following conditions:
- They must fully disclose to the Center the name of the client that the third-party recruiter is representing and to whom the students’ credentials will be disclosed.
- They must not retain any student resumes for future placement unless given additional student written consent.
Employers will not be allowed to recruit through the Center if:
- The employer fails to meet the conditions of our Employer User Policy.
- The employer posts positions requiring employees to sell products or services door to door (cold calling). This is for the safety and security of our students.
- The employer requests personal data (i.e. social security number, bank account information) at the time of application.
- The employer misrepresents their organization by providing dishonest information or omitting critical information.
- The employer posts any position related to the adult entertainment industry.
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth Career Center reserves the right to decline any employer, job posting or access, we deem inappropriate. Any reported breach of any part of this policy will result in the termination of all future opportunities to recruit UMass Dartmouth students and alumni through the Career Center.