Qualifications for GMAT waiver
The GMAT requirement for admission to Charlton graduate business programs is waived if the applicant proves any of the following to UMass Dartmouth's satisfaction:
- An earned a baccalaureate degree (or the equivalent of a USA baccalaureate degree) in any major/discipline from an accredited college/university with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- An earned terminal graduate degree (PhD, MD, JD, DNP, DBA, etc.) from an accredited institution.
- Licensure in the United States as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Financial Planner. Other certification programs may also qualify for this waiver at the discretion of UMass Dartmouth.
- At least 5 years of managerial/supervisory work experience. Required documentation:
- Letter of recommendation from at least 1 employer (preferably current employer)
- resume that cites months and years of all employment, all employer(s) name(s), all job title(s), and specific description(s) of managerial/supervisory duties.
- An earned Graduate Certificate from the Charlton College of Business with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.30.
Applicants whose GMAT requirement is waived may still be required to take Foundation courses prior to beginning the MBA coursework.