Educational Policy Online Graduate Certificate Program
Advance your education at UMassD
The UMass Dartmouth Educational Policy Graduate Certificate provides students who have earned a baccalaureate degree a detailed understanding of the unique financial and organizational challenges faced by 21st century educational institutions. It is designed to provide students with:
- Critical knowledge required to understand educational policy within a global context
- Historical, political, social, and economic context for educational policy and practice in the United States
- Sophisticated familiarity with contemporary debates in education policy
This certificate program is offered 100% online. This online graduate certificate program is structured for easy transition into the Master of Public Policy (MPP) program. Successful completion if the Educational Policy graduate certificate program waives the GRE requirement for students applying to the Master of Public Policy program.
To earn their certificate, UMass Dartmouth Education Policy certificate program students must complete 12 credits. These two courses are required:
- Public Institutions and the Policy Process
- Social, Historical and Philosophical Foundations of American Education
Students choose 2 electives from courses such as:
- Organizational Behavior in Educational Settings
- Program Evaluation
- Law and Education
- Public Finance in Education
- Administrative Law
UMass Dartmouth Educational Policy certificate holders accepted into the UMass Dartmouth MPP program will receive credit for each certificate class with a grade of B or higher.
UMass Dartmouth Advantages
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
Learning Style: Online
Online courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates.