Don't forget to follow @UMassDVotes on Instagram for more updates.
- August 27, 2022 - Last Day to Register to Vote in Primary | Early Voting begins
- August 29, 2022 - Last day to vote by mail
- September 6, 2022 - Primary Election Day
- September 20, 2022- National Voter Registration Day
- October 3-7, 2022 - National Voter Education Week
- October 22, 2022 - Early Voting Begins
- October 29, 2022 - Voter Registration Ends for Midterm election
- November 1, 2022 - UMass Dartmouth Vote Early Day
- November 8, 2022 - Election Day
Vote411 is a resource where you can register to vote, check your registration status, and find out what is on your ballot. They also provide a nonpartisan Presidential Voter Guide for the 2020 candidates.
Vote.org provides resources to check your registration status, register to vote, vote by mail, get reminders about upcoming elections, and pledge to register if you’re under 18. They also provide information about voter registration rules, deadlines, ID laws, and more.
League of Women Voters
The League of Women Voters works to improve voter registration, protect voting rights, and provide nonpartisan information about elections to educate voters.
Ballotpedia is an encyclopedia of information on politics and elections. You can look up candidates and see which candidates are running in races across the country.
Federal Voting Assistance Program
The Federal Voting Assistance Program provides resources to help people vote with a focus on helping military and overseas voters request absentee ballots.
Overseas Vote Foundation
The Overseas Vote Foundations focuses on helping U.S. citizens overseas, service members both abroad and at-home, and students studying abroad vote by absentee ballot. This is also a good resource for people activiated by the National Guard on State orders.
Campus Vote Project
The Campus Vote Project creates state by state voting guides and answers questions frequently asked by students in regards to voting. The link to the Massachusetts guide is above, but there are also guides for other states and more general information across the site.
Campus Election Engagement Project
The Campus Election Engagement Project (CEEP) is a national nonpartisan project that helps administrators, faculty, staff, and student leaders at America’s colleges and universities engage students in federal, state, and local elections.
Nonpartisan Organization Working on Voting Issues and/or Voter Turnout:
The Sentencing Project
The Sentencing Project provides information about felons voting rights. The Sentence Project has been working on research, policy reform, media campaigns, and advocacy related to the criminal justice system for 30 years. Using the link above you will find information about felony disenfranchisement.
Andrew Goodman Foundation
The Andrew Goodman Foundations works to increase voter turnout for young people by supporting youth leadership development, voting accessibility, and social justice initiatives on college campuses.
MASSPIRG’s New Voters Project focuses on increasing voter turnout on college campuses. It has long worked towards this goal, being the oldest and largest youth voter mobilization project in the country.
Rock the Vote
Rock the Vote works on increasing turnout of young people.
Head Count registers people to vote at concerts and runs programs to increase voter turnout.
The UMass Dartmouth 2020 Voter Engagement Action Plan lays out a path to increase student voting rates in the 2020 Presidential election and details ways in which we can create a vibrant, sustainable culture of voting on campus.
Key elements of the plan are:
- the formalization of the UMass Dartmouth Votes Coalition and
- participation in the All in Democracy Challenge and Ask Every Student Campaign.
Key factors to the success of the plan include:
- Endorsement of the Action Plan by UMass Dartmouth administrators and students, most notably Interim Chancellor Mark Preble, Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs Shannon Finning, Acting Provost Michael Goodman, the Student Government Association and the Faculty Senate.
- Focus on implementation of the tactics by the coalition leadership including the recruitment and launch of the Vote Captains Program.
- Formalization and institutionalization of the UMassD Votes Coalition.