UMass Law announces a special opportunity for UMass Law alumni to become members of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States on Monday, March 2, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. Admission is limited to up to 12 UMass Law alumni plus one guest. A breakfast reception will follow at the Supreme Court, sponsored by the UMass Law Alumni Association.
Applications must be received by Tuesday, December 3. Only the first 12 completed applications will be accepted for admission.
To qualify for admission the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have been admitted to practice in the highest court of a State, Commonwealth, Territory or Possession, or the District of Columbia for a period of at least three (3) years immediately before the date of application.
- Have not been the subject of any adverse disciplinary action pronounced or in effect during that three (3) year period.
- Appear to the Court to be of good moral and professional character.
- Refer to Supreme Court Bar Instructions for additional details on admission to the bar.
To apply, submit the following by Tuesday, December 3:
- Completed Supreme Court Bar Application, including the endorsement of two sponsors who are already admitteed to the Bar of the Supreme Court. For a list of UMass Law alumni who can serve as sponsors, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations. The application must include all original signatures; no scanned or faxed documents will be accepted.
- Certificate of good standing from the highest court of state, commonwealth, territory, or possession, or the District of Columbia evidencing your admission to practice and good standing.
- A check for $200.00 made payable to U.S. Supreme Court and dated March 2, 2020.
- Completed registration form to provide more information about you and your guest.
Please submit application and fee by Tuesday, December 3, 2019, by mail to:
Office of Alumni Relations
Attn: Kristle Blais
285 Old Westport Road
Dartmouth, MA 02747