Economics - Healthcare Services Administration Online
The UMass Dartmouth bachelor’s degree completion program in Economics with a concentration in Healthcare Services Administration is for healthcare professionals holding an associate's degree who want to advance their careers as managers or supervisors. If you have not earned an associate's degree and would like to be considered for this program, please consult with our admissions team at 508.999.9202.
Healthcare administration professionals make decisions every day that help improve the lives of their patients. They're responsible for planning, directing and coordinating health services, and working closely with medical staff to positively impact patient care.
Is this program right for you?
Students who enter the program have experience in the healthcare field, having worked as:
- clinical laboratory scientist
- dental hygienist/dental assistant
- occupational therapy assistant/physical therapy assistant
- radiology technician
- respiratory technician
This program is designed for working students who will be attending school part-time.
Call us at 508.999.9202 us to find out if your education, professional background and career goals make this program a good fit for you.
The field of health administration is growing fast, and so is the demand for qualified candidates to fill the growing number of jobs. Employers seek people with very specific credentials in the field.
We'll help you gain the practical skills necessary for intelligent decision-making and administration in healthcare. You'll be able to:
- create evaluative techniques
- design and implement budgets
- develop quantitative skills
- evaluate management goals
- use theoretical concepts of social dynamics
- research healthcare and economic issues
Transferring to UMassD
With our generous transfer policy, students with existing credits may transfer up to 90 credits from a regionally accredited institution.
To earn your bachelor’s degree with this concentration, you must complete 120 credits and meet all major college and university requirements.
Sample Course Offerings
Examples of courses offered in the bachelor’s degree completion program in Economics with a concentration in Healthcare Services Administration program include (course offerings subject to change):
- MGT 201 Leadership, Teamwork, & Collaboration
- PSC 315 Public Policy in America
- MIS 315 Information Systems
- ECO 338 Health Economics
- MGT 401 Applied Organizational and Career Development
- MGT 443 Human Resource Management
- ECO 475 Healthcare Services Administration and Management
Additional courses in accounting, economics, management, and other business-related areas are also required.
Course descriptions, schedules and requirements
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- Convenient and flexible online courses
- Generous transfer policy
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
Expand your opportunities
UMass Dartmouth advanced degrees
Master of Science in Healthcare Management (MSHM) provides you with the knowledge and tools to help improve the quality and efficiency of healthcare delivery and become an agent for positive change.