Complete your degree at UMassD or earn all 120 credits for your degree
The UMass Dartmouth BS in General Business Administration teaches students the fundamental management skills necessary for career advancement. Students develop analytical and leadership skills and gain knowledge in how to supervise others, develop and implement strategies, and advance organizational goals.
Earn your BS in General Business Administration at UMassD or complete your degree at UMassD if you already have some college credits and a GPA of at least 2.5. The program is 100% online.
The UMassD Charlton School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the highest international accreditation standard for schools of business.
UMass Dartmouth General Business Administration students must complete 120 credits to graduate.
With our generous transfer policy, students with existing credits may transfer up to 75 credits from a regionally accredited institution.
General Business Administration degree students gain proficiency in:
- Leadership and supervision skills
- Analysis of business processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Strategic planning and project management in diverse and fluid business environments
- Policies, procedures and systems that effectively enhance organizations
Students will be prepared to evaluate an organization’s objectives, analyze internal and external environments, and create effective management strategies and tactics to achieve an organization’s goals.
Sample Course Offerings
Examples of Business Administration courses offered include (course offerings subject to change):
- Information Systems
- Operations Management
- Quantitative Business Analysis
- Introduction to Small Business Management
- Project Management
- International Financial Management
Graduates have a solid foundation for pursuing a career in general management in almost any field:
- Information Systems
UMass Dartmouth advanced degrees
- MS in Accounting
- MS in Healthcare Management
- MS in Technology Management
UMass Dartmouth Advantages
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- AACSB-accredited Charlton College of Business education
- Charlton College of Business was named to The Princeton Review's 2015 edition of its "Best 295 Business Schools"
- UMassD rated #4 in Massachusetts for online bachelor’s programs, #6 in New England, and #70 nationwide, by U.S. News & World Report in 2015
- UMassD online bachelor’s degree program ranked #7 in the nation by College Choice for most affordable online colleges
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- Generous transfer policy
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
Learning Style: Online
Online courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty and seasoned practitioners to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates.
UMassD's undergraduate experiences include:
Charlton College of Business is proud to have earned the "gold standard" of business school recognition: accreditation by AACSB International.