Transfer your credits or earn your degree completely online
Build a solid foundation for your career through knowledge of marketing fundamentals. As a marketing major, you'll explore all phases of marketing and distributing products and services throughout the global economy—with a focus on understanding consumers and acquiring information for decision-making.
Learn how to:
- identify potential markets
- develop marketing and pricing strategies
- estimate the demand for products and services
- integrate e-commerce and social media into marketing strategies
- conduct primary and secondary marketing research
- lead marketing communications and sales presentations
- perform statistical analyses
Our graduates are well prepared for careers as marketing directors, public relations and advertising managers, research analysts, sales managers, and directors of marketing communications.
Earn a bachelor’s degree at UMassD or complete your degree at UMassD if you already have some college credits. The program is 100% online.
UMass Dartmouth marketing students must complete 120 credits to graduate.
Our curriculum emphasizes knowledge and competence in marketing that will enable you to succeed in your career. Courses are oriented toward problem-solving and management decision-making. You'll be ready to:
- evaluate an organization's objectives
- analyze internal and external environments
- create effective marketing strategies and tactics
Sample Course Offerings
Examples of courses offered in marketing include (course offerings subject to change):
- Business-To-Business Marketing
- Product Strategy
- Consumer Behavior
- International Business & Multinational Enterprise
- Marketing Intelligence and Information Technology
Graduates have a solid foundation for pursuing a variety of careers or advanced degrees in fields including:
- Human Resources
- Marketing Specialist
- Politics or Public Policy
- Public Relations
- Business Intelligence Analyst
UMass Dartmouth advanced degrees
- Professional Writing
UMass Dartmouth Advantages
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- AACSB-accredited Charlton College of Business education
- Charlton College of Business was named to The Princeton Review's 2015 edition of its "Best 295 Business Schools"
- UMassD rated #4 in Massachusetts for online bachelor's programs, #6 in New England, and #70 nationwide by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- UMassD online bachelor’s degree program ranked #7 in the nation by College Choice for most affordable online colleges
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- Generous transfer policy
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
Learning Style: Online
Online – Courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates.
UMassD's undergraduate experiences include:
Charlton College of Business is proud to have earned the "gold standard" of business school recognition: accreditation by AACSB International.