Build a solid foundation for your career through knowledge of marketing fundamentals and a variety of hands-on experiences, in the classroom and in the field. As a marketing major, you'll explore all phases of marketing and distributing products and services throughout the global economy—with a focus on understanding consumers and acquiring information for decision-making.
Learn how to:
- identify potential markets
- develop marketing and pricing strategies
- estimate the demand for products and services
- integrate e-commerce and social media into marketing strategies
- conduct primary and secondary marketing research
- lead marketing communications and sales presentations
- perform statistical analyses
Our graduates are well prepared for careers as marketing directors, public relations and advertising managers, research analysts, sales managers, and directors of marketing communications.
Abigail Mangsen: NASA intern
Abigail '20 served as an agency communications intern at NASA’s Langley Research Center.
- Avis Budget Group
- Kraft Sports Group
- Providence Bruins
- RI Novelty
- Your Sports Marketing Group
- Fidelity Investments
Our curriculum emphasizes knowledge and competence in marketing that will enable you to succeed in your career. Courses are oriented toward problem-solving and management decision-making. You'll be ready to:
- evaluate an organization's objectives
- analyze internal and external environments
- create effective marketing strategies and tactics
For the BS in marketing, you'll complete total 120 credit hours, consisting of University Studies courses, business foundation courses and accounting courses.
Full-time undergraduate: face-to-face classes for traditional, undergraduate degree seekers.
- Gain hands-on work experience through Charlton's internship programs
- Work directly with clients on a range of projects at our Center for Marketing Research
- Consult with faculty and career advisors to identify where you want to go in your career—and how to get there
- Put your knowledge into action with student organizations such as DECA
UMassD's undergraduate experiences include:
Charlton College of Business is proud to have earned the "gold standard" of business school recognition: accreditation by AACSB International.