Build a solid foundation for your career through knowledge of marketing fundamentals and a variety of hands-on experiences both in the classroom and the field. As a marketing major, you'll explore all phases of marketing and distributing products and services throughout the global economy with a focus on understanding consumers and acquiring information for decision-making.
Learn how to:
- identify potential markets
- develop marketing and pricing strategies
- estimate the demand for products and services
- integrate e-commerce and social media into marketing strategies
- conduct primary and secondary marketing research
- lead marketing communications and sales presentations
- perform statistical analyses
Our graduates are well prepared for careers as marketing directors, public relations and advertising managers, research analysts, sales managers, and directors of marketing communications.
Our curriculum emphasizes knowledge and competence in marketing that will enable you to succeed in your career. Courses are oriented toward problem-solving and management decision-making. You'll be ready to:
- evaluate an organization's objectives
- analyze internal and external environments
- create effective marketing strategies and tactics
For the BS in marketing, you'll complete total 120 credit hours, consisting of University Studies courses, business foundation courses and accounting courses.
Full-time undergraduate: face-to-face classes for traditional, undergraduate degree seekers.
Marketing major mean starting salary:
NACE Data Collection of Class of 2022 Undergraduate Alumni
- Gain hands-on work experience through Charlton's internship programs
- Work directly with clients on a range of projects at our Center for Marketing Research
- Consult with faculty and career advisors to identify where you want to go in your career—and how to get there
- Put your knowledge into action with student organizations such as DECA
Expand your opportunities
Transfer credits or earn your degree completely online.