UMass Pass is the official UMass Dartmouth identification card—the one card you'll need to carry on campus.
UMass Pass: your one card at UMass Dartmouth.
It's your access for everything—from entering your residence hall to checking out books at the Library, from using the Athletic Center to dining on campus.
It's also the “way to pay” at popular off-campus locations.
UMass Pass features
- Up-to-date: Current balances available at every terminal or on your receipt after you make a UMass Pass purchase.
- Automatic: Balances roll over each semester/year.
- Debt-free: This is not a credit card: no debt involved.
- Convenient: Your family can add money to your account.
- Safe: If your UMass Pass is lost or stolen: no problem—if you report it immediately.
Getting your UMass Pass
Bring your driver's license, passport, or state ID, to the UMass Pass office on the ground floor of the Campus Center.
Online/Distance Learners please click here to request your UMass Pass.
UMDollars is a prepaid, declining balance account attached to your UMass Pass. Simply swipe your ID card at any participating location, on or off campus. You'll use UMDollars for:
- textbooks and school supplies
- on- and off-campus retail outlets
UMDollars on campus
UMDollars are accepted as a form of payment at the following on-campus locations:
- Parking Office, Campus Center: to purchase a decal for your vehicle
- Health Services, in back of Roberts Hall/across from Pinedale
- Campus Store, ground floor of the Campus Center: for textbooks and other merchandise
- Library Learning Commons and other labs: for printing
- Claire T. Carney Library: to pay library fines
- Design Lab, first floor of CVPA
- Textile Design Lab, Star Store arts campus in downtown New Bedford
Refund requests: UMDollars
UMass Dartmouth students who have funds remaining in UMDollars* may request a refund. The request needs to come via email to email@example.com. A mailing address must be provided in your email in order for a check to be sent.
Refunds will only take place once the accounts are deemed eligible for refund and your Bursar account has a zero balance. At that point we will look to see if you have been officially marked as withdrawn, graduated or transferred from the Registrar’s Office.
Please allow 10 business days for the refund to be processed.
*Money less than $10.00 will not be refunded. Declining Balance, Meal Plan Balance, and Block Plans will not be refunded.
- Marketplace—resident dining hall, across from the Campus Center
- Campus Center
- Ground floor: Corsair Café
- First floor: Campus Center Food Court
- LARTS Cart, second floor
- SENG Cart, second floor
- CVPA Cart, first floor
- Fitness Center Juice Bar, across from parking lot 10
- Maple Ridge Grill in Maple Ridge Hall
- Birch Grill
- Library Café
- Law School Café
Follow the procedures below to report your UMass Pass lost or stolen. These procedures will deactivate your old card, prevent unwanted transactions, and allow you to get a new card.
During regular business hours (M-F, 9am - 4pm)
Report your UMass Pass lost/stolen to the UMass Pass office on the ground floor of the Campus Center. The replacement fee for a new UMass pass is $30.
After hours (M-F after 4pm, weekends, and holidays)
- Report your UMass Pass lost/stolen online at the MyUMassD web portal: https://my.umassd.edu/group/mycampus/umass-pass
- To acquire a new UMass Pass, visit the UMass Pass office the next business day during regular hours, Mon - Fri, 9am - 4pm.