The UMass Pass Portal will open for incoming Fall 2023 students on May 15.
Getting your UMass Pass
Your UMass Pass is the one card you’ll need on campus. You'll use your UMass Pass to access buildings, use your meal plan, and load funds for use on-campus.
To get your UMass Pass, submit your photo on the UMass Pass Portal. You must submit your photo to the UMass Pass Portal no later than Wednesday June 1st to avoid delays in receiving your UMass Pass during Orientation.
Click Upload Your Photo
- Photo must be from the top of shoulders to top of head with some blank space above the head
- You must be looking ahead
- You must use a solid background (Check the 'Upload Your Photo' page for a full list of photo specifications)
- Photo must be clear and in color, reproduces skin tones accurately, and is properly exposed with no shadows
You will receive a confirmation email indicating whether your photo has been approved or denied. This will be sent to your UMass email address.
An example approved photo is below:
For questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loading funds onto your UMass Pass
UMDollar funds can be used at all dining locations, in the bookstore, at the parking office, and many more places around campus. To load funds onto your UMass Pass, visit the UMass Pass Portal.
UMass Pass features
- Up-to-date: Current balances available at every terminal or on your receipt after you make a UMass Pass purchase.
- Automatic: Balances roll over each semester/year.
- Debt-free: This is not a credit card: no debt involved.
- Convenient: Your family can add money to your account.
- Safe: If your UMass Pass is lost or stolen: no problem—if you report it immediately.
Getting your UMass Pass
To get your UMass Pass, submit your photo the the UMass Pass Portal. Once approved, you will be able to pick up your UMass Pass at the UMass Pass office, located on the ground floor of the Campus Center.
Online/Distance Learners please click here to request your UMass Pass.
UMDollars on campus
UMDollars is a prepaid, declining balance account attached to your UMass Pass. Simply swipe your ID card at any participating location. You'll use UMDollars for:
- All dining retail locations on campus
- The Marketplace
- Parking Office, Campus Center: to purchase a decal for your vehicle
- Health Services, in back of Roberts Hall/across from Pinedale
- Campus Store, ground floor of the Campus Center: for textbooks and other merchandise
- Library Learning Commons and other labs: for printing
- Claire T. Carney Library: to pay library fines
- Design Lab, first floor of CVPA
- Textile Design Lab, Star Store arts campus in downtown New Bedford
Refund requests: UMDollars
UMass Dartmouth students who have funds remaining in UMDollars* may request a refund. The request needs to come via email to email@example.com. A mailing address must be provided in your email in order for a check to be sent (also include your full name and student ID).
Refunds will only take place once the accounts are deemed eligible for refund and your Bursar account has a zero balance. At that point we will look to see if you have been officially marked as withdrawn, graduated or transferred from the Registrar’s Office.
Please allow 10 business days for the refund to be processed.
*Money less than $10.00 will not be refunded. Declining Balance, Meal Plan Balance, and Block Plans will not be refunded.
Lost/stolen UMass Pass
Follow the procedures below to report your UMass Pass lost or stolen. These procedures will deactivate your old card, prevent unwanted transactions, and allow you to get a new card.
During regular business hours (M-F, 9am - 4pm)
Report your UMass Pass lost/stolen to the UMass Pass office on the ground floor of the Campus Center. The replacement fee for a new UMass pass is $30.
After hours (M-F after 4pm, weekends, and holidays)
- Report your UMass Pass lost/stolen online at the UMass Pass Online portal.
- To acquire a new UMass Pass, visit the UMass Pass office the next business day during regular hours, Mon - Fri, 9am - 4pm.