UMass Dartmouth at a glance
UMass Dartmouth’s story is one of tremendous momentum and continuous expansion.
the year New Bedford Textile School established, to become UMassD
students at UMass Dartmouth
in research activity
Meet our Chancellor
Dr. Mark A. Fuller, Chancellor of UMass Dartmouth, is a proud first-generation college student and a passionate advocate for public education.
Academic offerings for many kinds of learners
UMass Dartmouth has 7 degree-granting colleges and schools, and an Honors College.
We also offer countless non-degree opportunities for professional and lifelong learners, including licensure, continuing education, and online courses.
An expressionistic design invoking a sense of place.
The bold, brutalist architecture unique to UMass Dartmouth represents architect Paul Rudolph’s vision for an “urban” public university, coupled with progressive achievements in the fields of design and engineering.
UMassD is committed to creating, educating, and sustaining a culturally competent, diverse, equitable, and welcoming campus that builds inclusion and pursues belonging.
Learn more about UMass Dartmouth's commitment to inclusion and belonging
Making an Impact
UMass Dartmouth students, alumni, faculty, and staff serve as an intellectual catalyst for economic, social, and cultural transformation.
- Catching Up with Logan Cabral '22, '23
- Jess Buchanan '23: Gaining confidence
- Cade Hanley '24: Artist-Student-Athlete
- Tajaun Francis '23: Growing his passion for pathology and lab medicine
- Kassidey Star '23: An award-winning designer
- Gabriel Johnson '24: Making a difference
- Maggie McCafferty '24, '25 reflects on the impact of scholarship support
- Adam Horowitz '23: A dream internship
- Pushkar Bhatia '24: A global citizen
- Cameron McAlpine '23: Embracing leadership opportunities
- Kayla Rausch '23: Practical experiences
- Jonathan Sheroff '20: Poli Sci to Physician Assistant
- Stephannie Marie Vallee '24: Pathway to success
- Sharing the value of education
- Performing at their peak
- CCB is trending up
- Joshua Keith '23, '24: Getting involved
- Shayne Velho '23: Unlimited possibilities
- Ten years of pursing justice
- Guided by goals, fueled by ambition
- Protecting coastal ecosystems starts at UMassD
- Gamaliel Daffeed Janvier '23: Internship at PricewaterhouseCoopers led to job offer
- Widline Thomas '24: Busy season
- The UMass Dartmouth Pep Band
- Kenny Duong '22, '23: Becoming a leader
- Evan Grant '23: Using creativity to solve problems
- Nic Higgins '21, '23: Helping others for a living
- DEFCON international cybersecurity conference fulfills a dream for Ayyappan Rajesh ’24
- Daniela Tishchenko '23: Invaluable experience
- Paige Riley '23: Twice the opportunities
- Sandy McConnell '97: The Dogmother
- Efe Oboh-Idahosa '23: Interning for the U.S. Senate
- Students return to UMassD after summer study abroad
- Mekhi Geter '22: Soldier-student-athlete
- Stephanie Chenard '19, '20, '22: Writing your own story
- Honors biology majors present undergraduate research at national ecology conference
- Jack Sullivan '23 wins thesis competition
- Salvador Balkus '22: A data-driven mindset
- Logan Ward '22: Finding support
- Katelyn Fisher, JD '22: At the intersection of law and science
- Carissa Keung ’22: Committed to service
- Logan Cabral '22: The UMassD community
- Antz-Lee Francois '22: Preparing to lead
- Busola Awobode '22: Seizing opportunities
- Jacob Athamni ’22: Medical detective plans to work in infectious disease control
- Isabella Di Bona '22: Engineered for success
- Guy Caseneuve '22: Inventing his future
UMass Dartmouth News
Awards, events, innovations, and policies that celebrate UMassD’s spirit of achievement.