COVID-19: The Academic Resource Center has updated the STEM Learning Lab to accommodate Face-to-Face tutoring sessions. We have installed plexiglass dividers at all tutoring stations providing a safe environment for one-on-one and small group tutoring sessions. Staff members have been trained to check temperatures at the door, verify the system checker is up-to-date, and sanitize all stations after each use. Online sessions via Zoom are also available. To make an appointment for STEM or Business-related courses, please click the Schedule Appointment box.
The Academic Resource Center (ARC) offers free peer tutoring to any UMass Dartmouth student throughout the school year, and during an abbreviated schedule during the summer and intersession. Both tutoring centers—STEM Learning Lab and the Business Center—tutors students in a wide variety of subjects. The ARC works to ensure that students have clear, understandable and achievable academic goals.
- One-on-one tutoring in most subjects
- Tutoring in small groups
- Facilitated study groups for upcoming exams
- Exam review
- Helpful handouts and how-to materials
- Resume writing and graduate school essay workshops
- English language tutoring and conversation partners for international students
- Skills review and academic support for returning students
- Employment opportunities for outstanding students to tutor their peers
- Peer-mentors who will help you balance college life (Clients Only)
Contact the tutoring center you wish to visit to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins are accepted if a tutor is available.
Academic Resource Center
STEM Learning Lab