The four-year scholarship covers full tuition and fees, as well as food and housing for high-achieving first-year students from Massachusetts. Learn more about the Founders' Scholarship at UMass Dartmouth.
Dates & deadlines
Applications are reviewed once they are complete, and decisions are made as soon as possible.
Some programs, such as nursing, biology, and engineering, are highly competitive. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Fall semester applicants
- November 15: Deadline for Early Action.
- February 1: Priority application deadline for nursing. Wait list students will be notified beginning in early May if accepted into nursing.
- March 1: Priority deadline for admission applications and FAFSA filing. Completed applications and FAFSA materials received by this date allow maximum consideration for merit and need-based aid.
Spring semester applicants
- January 4: application deadline
- Learn more about transfer application requirements at the transfer checklist
- Students enrolled in any Massachusetts public community college may be eligible to participate in MassTransfer to UMass Dartmouth
- When you apply to UMassD, select MassTransfer on the application
- Learn more about MassTransfer
- Check the schedule for upcoming On-the-Spot Decision Days
- Learn more about Nursing Transfers
Alternative admissions: College Now/START
Our alternative admissions programs are College Now and START.
If you wish to be considered for College Now or START, please indicate your request on the online application. If you are completing a paper application, mail it directly to the College Now office.
For more information, contact College Now/START: firstname.lastname@example.org or 508.999.8703.
We welcome applications from undergraduate international students: both first-year (freshman) and transfer applicants.
Previously enrolled - Re-admission - Reactivation
- If you submitted and application to UMass Dartmouth within the last year, but did not attend and wish to be considered for a new term, please complete our UMassD Application
- If you were previously enrolled at UMass Dartmouth/Southeastern Massachusetts University, contact the Registrar’s Office for more information: 508.999.8615
Application fee waivers
Applicants for whom the application fee presents a significant financial hardship may submit a written fee waiver request with a letter from a social worker, financial aid officer, or member of the clergy; or may use the College Board application fee waiver form which must be signed by a high school counselor.
Mailing materials to UMassD
When mailing materials, please include your name and student ID (provided after you apply) on each item.
Mail materials to:
Undergraduate Admissions Office
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
285 Old Westport Road
Dartmouth, MA 02747-2300