Skip to main content.

Select an option above to apply to a UMass Dartmouth undergraduate program. It is recommended that first-year applicants use the Common Application.

Step 1: Apply

Complete and submit your application.

Be sure to review visa requirements, below.

Step 2: Transcripts

Submit secondary and/or post-secondary sealed official transcripts translated into English.

If you're transferring from a college or university in another country, have your courses evaluated by an approved U.S. evaluating agency. To obtain such an evaluation, please contact one of the following organizations:

Submit photocopies of catalog pages with course descriptions for any college credits you have completed.

This will help us evaluate your college/university transcripts properly. Mark the courses you have taken and the college name on each page. Failure to submit this information may result in a lack of award credit provided. Massachusetts public institutions are exempt.

If you are applying with fewer than 24 transferable credits and/or have been out of high school for less than 3 years

  • Have your high school send your official high school transcript, translated into English
  • If your SAT or ACT scores do not appear on your official high school transcript, request that the scores be sent to UMass Dartmouth

Step 3: SAT/ACT scores

Submit an official SAT or ACT score report.

Step 4: English Language Proficiency

All non-native speakers of English must demonstrate English language proficiency and are required to submit TOEFL (79), IELTS (6.5) or PTE (53) scores.

Applicants may waive the language score requirement if their secondary institution provides written verification that the means of instruction is in English, they are enrolled in an IB curriculum, attend American School or enrolled in a curriculum that leads to Cambridge International Examinations: IGCSE/O-level and GCE/A level exam.

Step 5: Personal essay

Send us a personal essay of up to 500 words on a topic of your choice; you can complete this as part of the Common Application.

Portfolio or audition

Students enrolling in a Visual & Performing Arts program (excluding Art History) are required to:

Mailing materials to UMassD

When mailing materials, please include your name and student ID (provided after you apply) on each item.

Mail materials to:

Undergraduate Admissions Office
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
285 Old Westport Road
Dartmouth, MA 02747-2300


Accepted international students need an I-20 document in order to enter the United States. The I-20 is a multi-purpose document issued by UMass Dartmouth certifying that a student has been admitted to a full-time study program and that the student has demonstrated sufficient financial resources to stay in the U.S. An admitted student needs to take the I-20 to the American embassy or consulate when applying for a student visa.

To demonstrate your financial resources

Submit the Declaration of Finances form with the required documentation.

Documentation we can accept:

  • Bank statement
  • Scholarship or government agency letter
  • For students being sponsored by agencies, companies, or other organizations: an affidavit of support, signed by an appropriate official. Use this form to provide information and documents concerning financial support from your sponsors. A sample affidavit of support is available on the International Student & Scholar Center forms page.

For existing F1 visa holders

  • Work with the guidance counselor or international advisor at your current school to determine the effective date of your SEVIS transfer to UMass Dartmouth and have your SEVIS record updated. Our SEVIS codes:
    • Main Campus: BOS214F00652000
    • College of Visual & Performing Arts (CVPA): BOS 214F00652003

Complete the Transfer in Verification Form and submit it to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. Be sure to indicate on the form that you are an undergraduate student. Find the form and additional information at our International Student & Scholar website: Transferring from another school in the U.S.


Visit us virtually

Visit us from anywhere, at any time.
Take a virtual tour of the UMass Dartmouth campus.