Free up your Windshield, Free up your Spot
We've introduced a License Plate Reader (LPR) parking system. Your "decal" is now your license plate. The LPR system eliminates the need for physical decals. LPR will ensure you'll have a parking spot, as enforcement will be more fair, equitable and consistent.
Instead of purchasing a decal, you'll register your license plate based on your designation (such as commuter or residence hall assignment). Registration is simple: log into the parking portal and purchase a digital "permit." Then, attach it to your registered vehicle.
Parking Designations based on Permit Type
Parking lots are assigned based on permit type. Parking lot designations are as follows:
Commuter Students: Lots 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 8a, 13, 14, 15, 16, Ring Road on East Campus
Students living in Balsam, Spruce, Pine Dale, Oak Glen: Lots A, B, C (East Campus), Lot J (behind Pine Dale/Oak Glen)
Students living in Woodlands Apartments: Woodland Apartment lots, 9, 10, 13a, 14a, Ring Road, Cedar Dell
- Students will be better able to park in the areas they've paid for.
- Enforcement of parking will be more fair, equitable, and consistent.
- Vehicles parked in spots without the right registration will be more effectively enforced than before, freeing up the spots that students are paying for.
- Parking will be easier to manage for the individual, because switching registration between cars and registering guests will be easier than ever.
- Flexible options will be available by the semester or acadmic year.
Flexible payment & parking plan options
One-stop flexible parking portal: view permit options, register guests, purchase your permit, switch registrations between vehicles, pay parking tickets and view appeals.
Improvements to on-campus shuttle routes
Shuttle schedule and routes are being changed to offer more reliable, faster express service from East Campus and Cedar Dell. Routes have been reworked to provide more consistent service from high-traffic areas: 2 express shuttles, 1 half loop.
Trip times will be cut in half with the new schedule, resulting in more shuttles available to you throughout the day and night when you really need them.
Download BusWhere to track all shuttles, up to the minute.