Parking Designations based on Permit Type
Parking lots are assigned based on permit type. Parking lot designations are as follows:
Commuter Students: Lots 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6a, 8, 8a, 13, 14, 15, 16, Ring Road on East Campus
Students living in Balsam & Spruce: Lots 19 & 20
Students living in Pine Dale & Oak Glen: Lots 19 & 20 (East Campus), Lot 21 (behind Pine Dale/Oak Glen)
Students living in Woodlands Apartments: Lots 9, 10, 11, 12, 13a, 14a, 23, Ring Road (near lots 14A & 13A until Cedar Dell Road)
Students living in Ivy: Lots 9, 10, 11, 12, 13A, 14A, 23, 23, 24 Ring Road (near lots 14A & 13A until Aspen Hall)
License Plate Recognition (LPR) benefits
- Students will be better able to park in the areas they've paid for.
- Enforcement of parking will be more fair, equitable, and consistent.
- Vehicles parked in spots without the right registration will be more effectively enforced than before, freeing up the spots that students are paying for.
- Parking will be easier to manage for the individual, because switching registration between cars and registering guests will be easier than ever.
- Flexible options will be available by the semester or academic year.
Flexible payment & parking plan options
One-stop flexible parking portal: view permit options, register guests, purchase your permit, switch registrations between vehicles, pay parking tickets and view appeals.
Improvements to on-campus shuttle routes
Shuttle schedule and routes are being changed to offer more reliable, faster express service from East Campus and Cedar Dell. Routes have been reworked to provide more consistent service from high-traffic areas: 2 express shuttles, 1 half loop.
Trip times will be cut in half with the new schedule, resulting in more shuttles available to you throughout the day and night when you really need them.
Get the BusWhere App
- Visit buswhere.com/umassd and sign up with your UMassD email.
- BusWhere will send you a confirmation email. Follow the link to register.
- Download "Buswhere for UMassD" in your phone's App Store.
- Log in to BusWhere using your UMassD email.