To register your vehicle and get your parking permit
New for the Fall 2020 semester, instead of receiving a physical decal, your license plate will be your parking permit. Have your license plate and vehicle information available—you will need it to complete your permit registration. Please note that securing your permit is a two-step process: registering your vehicle and attaching a permit to it.
First, visit the parking portal, click ‘UMass Dartmouth Login” and login using your UMassD username and password
Step 1: Register your vehicle
- Register your vehicle by entering your license plate number and vehicle information in the 'add a vehicle' field
- You may register up to five vehicles under this permit. However, you may only have one of these vehicles on campus at a time.
Step 2: Attach your student permit to your vehicle
- Click ‘Get permits’ and follow the prompts to assign a permit to your vehicle. Once you have completed this step, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Administrators with paid parking spaces: Register for a Staff/Faculty decal. Your paid parking space will be added to your account prior to the start of the semester.
- To add vehicles to your permit, click ‘view your permits’, click on your permit number, click add a vehicle
Decal types and charges
|Fall semester - Dual Enrollment*** Student:||$25|
|Long-term decal||$100 full-year, $50 Spring Semester|
|Students with qualifying disabilities:
Students with qualifying disabilities, who are eligible for state-issued disability placards: No charge and no need to apply for a university parking decal as long as you have your state-issued disability placard. For temporary disabilities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Resident: a student living in university-owned housing
Residential parking decals will be allocated based on the residential address of the student and will be one of three colors.
**Commuter: a student not living on campus
Commuter parking decals will be a different color and will allow students to park in all designated commuter lots.
***Dual Enrollment: a dual enrollment student enrolled in a program at a separate academically related institution
Commuter parking decals will allow students to park in all designated commuter lots.
Parking Decals and Enforcement
All vehicles on campus must have a valid registration and parking permit and be parked in the correct lot designation to avoid being ticketed or towed. Ticketing occurs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you have a balance on your Financial Aid, you may be able to use these funds in the form of a parking voucher. Go to your COIN account, open your Summary of Terms for the Semester and Summary of Terms for the Year. If you have a negative balance, print these pages and bring them along with your UMass Pass to the Parking Office. Once verified, you can fill out a Parking Voucher Form.
To avoid towing and ticketing
Effective the first day of classes, all vehicles must have a valid UMass Dartmouth parking permit corresponding to their affiliation to the campus.
All vehicles without proper, current permits or in violation of the parking regulations will be subject to ticketing and fines, wheel boots, and/or towing at the owner's expense. Strict enforcement of parking regulations begins on the first day of each semester.
- You may park only in the parking lots designated by your permit type on a first-come, first-served basis. Refer to the campus map for residential and commuter parking.
- Any car parked in an illegal space (such as disability spaces, fire lanes, etc.) will be subject to ticketing and towing.
- If you have any questions regarding student parking decals, please contact Parking Services: email@example.com or 508.999.8121.