- Reduced individual parking permit fees
- Reduced auto maintenance costs
- Reduced environmental impact
- Reduced driving stress
- Designated carpool and vanpool spaces
- A carpool is two (2) or more employees and/or off-campus students commuting together at UMass Dartmouth. Permit holders are assigned one carpool permit to use among themselves.
- A vanpool is a group of people coming to the same workplace from the same community, riding in a van. Vanpools typically carry from seven to fifteen passengers, and operate weekdays, traveling between one or two common pick-up locations (typically a park-and-ride lot where a rider may leave his/her car, or a transit station) and the place of work.
- The price of the carpool/vanpool is divided between riders of the vehicle.
- All permit holders must pay for their share of the permit price. A carpool permit can be valid to park in lots 4 or 15. Vanpool parking is designated in lot 7.
- Applicants must pledge to commute to campus together most of the time.
- Applicants will be assigned a once-a-month commuter permit at no charge to accommodate their occasional need to drive alone.
- On days the carpool is not “ridesharing,” the car without the hangtag must obtain a 1-day parking pass through the Parking Office.
- The preferred parking spaces will be marked “Carpool Permit Required” and are limited to vehicles displaying the appropriate carpool hangtag.
- Carpool spaces for 2 or more commuters
- Lot 4, two spaces
- Lot 15, two spaces
- Vanpool space for 5 or more commuters
- Lot 7, one space
Apply for a carpool permit
- Fill out a Parking Service Carpool Form.
Note: All members of the carpool must complete an individual carpool form.
- Each member of the carpool brings the completed form and vehicle registration, license, and UMass ID to Parking Services located on the lower level of the Campus Center.
- Those persons having an existing university parking decal must surrender it to Parking Services prior to receiving a carpool permit.
- Carpool tag will be issued upon receipt payment and documents listed above.
Pay for a carpool permit
- $100 flat rate
- Payment may be made by cash, check, credit card or UMass Pass at the Parking Services Office.
Earn rewards or find someone to share a ride
By signing up for NuRide, you can:
- Earn carpool rewards.
- Connect with other carpool drivers and riders to share a ride.
For more information, go to NuRide.