The Student Service Center (SSC) provides our students and their families with the tools and information needed to register for courses (make schedule changes), make payments (billing inquires), or apply for financial aid (federal and alternative loan options).
Mission Statement: Whether in person, online, or over the phone, it’s our mission to provide excellent customer service to our students and families.
Needing account help after hours? Please log into your COIN Account:
What is COIN?
COIN is a self-service system for students and authorized users* to:
- Register, add, drop, and withdraw from classes**
- Obtain unofficial transcripts
- Make payments with a credit/debit card (convenience fee may apply) or echeck (electronic check)
- Review course listings/schedules
- Review grades
- Upload financial aid documents with missing documents
- View financial aid notifications and other to-do items
- Review account hold related statuses
* Authorized users have limited access to the COIN self-service system.
** First year and transfer students need to contact their Academic Advisor to make schedule changes.
Helpful links for UMassD students and families
- FERPA: Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act
Student authorization is required to share account specific detail
- Entrata Residence Portal
Balsam and Spruce housing portal for payments and services
- Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)
Information on insurance program, waiver option and extensive FAQ
- UMassD Academic Calendar
List of important dates and deadlines provided annually by the Registrar’s Office
- Applying for Financial Aid/FAFSA
Steps on how to get started applying for financial aid
- Financial Aid – to do items
Assistance with submitting additional documents to your financial aid counselor
- Student Employment and Federal Work Study
Information on campus jobs and job application portal