FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, is the only application required to apply for need-based financial aid at UMass Dartmouth.
Before applying, request a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) and password for you and a parent/guardian.
UMass Dartmouth's Federal School Code: 002210
In order to be considered for financial aid, you must meet eligibility requirements.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available on October 1. While there is no deadline to applying for financial aid at UMass Dartmouth, the university awards institutional funds on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Students who file the FAFSA using our school code (002210) by April 1 are give priority for all funds available. After April 1, awards will be on a funds-available basis.
- Keep in mind that many private and state programs use March 1 as the FAFSA deadline for applying. Please check with your private or state program filing requirements and deadlines.
- Keep a file for your records of all financial aid materials. Keep copies of all documents including the FAFSA.
- Respond promptly to all requests for information. If additional documentation is required, your application file cannot be completed until we have received and reviewed the requested documents.
- Be sure your name and student ID are on all correspondence.
- Notify Financial Aid Services in writing of all outside scholarships, awards, additional resources, or unique family circumstances.