Skip to main content.


When will I receive my bill?

Students will receive an e-bill notification on or around the 5th of every month. Students must log into Coin to view their charges. Balances due by the 1st of the following month.

How do I waive my health insurance charge?

  1. Log into COIN for Students
  2. Click on Finance and Financial Aid
  3. Click on Student Financial Center
  4. Under the Health Insurance Section choose 'Waive/Enroll in Health Insurance-UHP'
  5. This will open a new page; you will need to complete the waiver form for the insurance to be verified

Once submitted, the review process may take about 3-5 business days. If your coverage is approved, the charge on your account will be removed. If you need assistance with the waiver process or if you have any questions, University Health Plans can assist you. Feel free to reach out to them by calling (833) 251-1124.

Are the Campus Center and Library fees waivable for Online courses? I'm not using the library or on-campus facilities.

The Campus and Library fees are mandatory fees for Online & Continuing Education courses, and they are not waivable.

Where can I find my 1098-T form?

Students can view and print their 1098-T forms through COIN for Students:

  1. Log into COIN for Student
  2. Click on Finance and Financial Aid
  3. Click on the Student Financial Center
  4. Scroll Down to the "Tax Info" sections
  5. Click on "1098-T Forms"

From here you will see a box labeled General, the Tax Year should be highlighted in blue. By clicking on the aid year, you will be able to view and print your 1098-T.

Why do I have a graduation fee on my account even though I am not graduating this semester?

The University assesses the graduation fee based on the number of credits earned toward their degree. Seniors who have earned 90 credits or more will be assessed a graduation fee. The graduation fee cannot be deferred to another semester, even if the graduation date has been changed.  Graduation fees are applied to Undergraduate students who have earned 90 credits or more and Graduate students who have earned 15 credits or more. The fee may increase every year. Your fee is locked in at the current rate.

*Each degree program will be assessed a graduation fee.

How can I sign up for a payment plan?

  1. Log into COIN for Student
  2. Click on Finance and Financial Aid
  3. Click on Student Financial Center
  4. Open the Account Summary page
  5. Click on the "Payment Plan" tab

* There is a one-time $35.00 Enrollment fee.

I signed up for a Fall payment plan - will the plan cover the Spring semester as well?

No, payment plans are semester-based. Therefore, students will need to sign up each semester.

How can I pay my bill online? Is there a fee?

Students may make payments via COIN. Payments options are E-check or credit card. (Please note credit/debit cards are assessed an additional 2.5% fee. International payments may incur additional conversion fees.)

  1. Log into COIN for Student
  2. Click on Finance and Financial Aid
  3. Click on Student Financial Center
  4. Click on Account Summary page
  5. This will open a new page; under Account Activity you can access all bills and make payments

How can I get a breakdown of my tuition e-bill?

  1. Log into COIN for Student
  2. Click on Finance and Financial Aid
  3. Click on Student Financial Center
  4. Open the Account Summary page, it will navigate to Account Activity
  5. Click on Print Term Statement and it will give you the tuition breakdown for the selected semester (make sure you allow for pop ups in your browser)

Can you explain the fees on my student account?

Explanation of Fees

Tuition: This charge is based on the number of credits a student is enrolled in, the modality by which the student is taking courses (online vs in-person) as well as where the student is from.

Semester Transcript fee: Charged each semester to non-degree students who enroll in courses. This fee provides you access to your course transcript.

Student Activity fee: Supports all student groups, student publications and various other student-related activities.

Library fee: This fee supports online resources such as, being part of the consortium of libraries around the country that supports students who do not come to campus for our online library services, allowing students to check out books, media, and other services elsewhere. This fee also supports the procurement of media, software, and services that professors use in class to teach. Additionally, this fee supports the ability of online students to get a UMass Pass without coming to campus.

College of Major fee: This fee covers the costs directly associated with the delivery of instruction corresponding to a student's program of study.

Technology fee: This fee supports the technology infrastructure and educational environment necessary to meet the technological demands of the UMass Dartmouth community.

Registration fee: Charged each semester for the enrollment of online courses.

Orientation fee: new freshmen, new transfer students, and new international students are assessed a fee that supports the orientation program.

MASSPIRG fee: MASSPIRG is a statewide, student-directed, student-funded organization that advocates on behalf of students on issues such as affordable higher education, public health, and the environment. UMass Dartmouth students have voted to fund a MASSPIRG chapter on campus through this waivable fee. Please note that this waivable fee does not reflect the University of Massachusetts Trustees endorsement.

Why do I have an RBD (Registered Balance Due) hold on my account?

The Registered Balance Due (RDB) hold is placed on your account if you have a prior or a current semester balance. The RDB hold may be placed on your account even when the financial aid is showing anticipated but not been dispersed.

When will I get my refund?

The Financial Aid Office will review student accounts after the add-drop period. Refunds are processed once financial aid is disbursed and a credit balance is reflected on your account. You will receive an email notification to your UMass Dartmouth email address once the refund has been processed.

If a direct deposit is set up in the student COIN account, then the refund will be distributed directly to the student’s corresponding bank account. If not, then a check will be mailed to the student’s permanent address listed in Coin and it can take up to three (3) weeks to receive by mail.

Why am I not eligible for a Book Voucher

To receive a book voucher you must meet the following requirements:

  • You must show a credit on your student coin account
  • You must meet the following credit criteria.
    • Undergraduate: 12 credits or more
    • Graduate: 9 credits or more
    • Law school: 12 credits or more

If you have not met any of these requirements, you are not eligible for a book voucher.

Financial aid

I applied for a private loan or Parent PLUS loan but do not see it on my COIN account. When will the loan appear?

During the loan certification process.

I submitted my verification documents and I still have not been awarded. How long will it be before I receive an award?

The verification process can take between 1-3 weeks unless additional information is needed. Please monitor your To Do list on COIN for any additional requests. Once completed you will receive an award notification to your UMass Dartmouth email.

What is Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN) that I see on my To Do list?

Both items must be completed before your federal student loans can be applied to your account. The Entrance Counseling explains how the federal loan process works, including interest rates, repayment options and your rights and responsibilities. The MPN are a legal document that explains the terms and conditions of your federal loans. It is your promise to repay your student loans, including accrued interest and fees.

If I switch my day courses to Online and Continuing Education courses, will it be cheaper? Will my financial aid cover the online classes?

While it may be more affordable to attend an online course, if you switch from a day student to an online program, your award is subject to change. As an online student you are only eligible for federal and state aid, which means you would lose any institutional or merit aid (i.e., University Grant, Chancellor’s Merit etc.) you were previously awarded.

When will my Financial Aid be available?

Financial aid awards for incoming first-year students will be generated approximately four (4) weeks after receiving a completed FAFSA, provided no additional information is requested. For returning students, financial aid awards will be awarded in mid-June.

How do I get reevaluated for additional financial aid?

To request an evaluation of your financial aid, you can submit a case with a completed Reevaluation Request form.

  • Once completed it will be reviewed by your Financial Aid counselor. You should monitor your university email and To Do list for any notifications or requests for additional information.
  • Please note, completing this form does not mean you qualify for more financial aid. This form is a request that needs to be evaluated.

What is the status of my reevaluation?

Reevaluation requests take approximately 2 weeks to review. You should monitor your university email and To Do list for any notifications or request for additional information.

Where do I send a scholarship letter?

All scholarship award letters need to be submitted to the Student Service Center for processing. Scholarships from a private third-party (i.e., Dunkin) will show as “anticipated aid” until funds are received.

John and Abigail Adam’s Scholarship Award Letters also need to be submitted to the Student Service Center. Once received it will be applied to your account for a total of 8 semesters provided you continue to meet the requirements. You must be a full-time, day school student, while meeting the GPA requirement.

When will my Financial Aid transfer to housing?

Students living in Balsam and Spruce will receive two bills. One for tuition and fees and the other for housing. Your financial aid is first applied towards tuition and fees. Any remaining financial aid will be applied to your housing bill once the aid has disbursed after the add/drop period.

Please note, we need your authorization to transfer your financial aid to your housing bill. This is something you would have done when you completed your housing contract with Greystar. If you see a ‘Greystar Financial Aid’ hold on your account, this means authorization was granted. If not, any credit balance will be refunded to you or your parents either by direct deposit or paper check. It will be your responsibility to make sure your housing bill gets paid.

Information on refunds and direct deposit can be found at the Bursar's Office.

I submitted my SAP documents. When will I know if it is approved?

Provided all the appropriate documents have been received, the SAP review process can take between 1-3 weeks. Please monitor your UMass Dartmouth email for an approval or denial decision. If your SAP appeal is denied, you no longer qualify for financial aid including Parent Plus loans. If denied, go to ELMSelect for private loan options that do not require SAP.

When can I register for classes?

Your enrollment date is based on your total earned credits (not including those currently in progress). You may view your enrollment date in your COIN Student Center.

I am trying to enroll into online courses, but COIN is showing me an error, what do I do?

As a Day student, COIN will stop you from enrolling into Online courses as they are allotted to online students.

If you are matriculated in a degree program, you can enroll for Online courses by completing a COIN Error form. If you are not matriculated in a degree program, you can enroll by completing the online registration form. This non-degree registration process can be found below:

  • On our Online and Continuing Ed page, students should add desired courses to their cart, then proceed with check out, and registration.
  • When registering, please use a non-UMass Dartmouth email address.
  • Our office will send you a confirmation email once you are enrolled.

What is FERPA?

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) guarantees the privacy of a student’s educational records. When a student enters a post-secondary institution, the access rights to educational records previously held by parents/guardians are now transferred to the student. Submitting a FERPA authorization is the student giving UMass Dartmouth permission to speak to a third party (such as parent/guardian, etc.) about the student’s account.

I submitted my DocuSign registration and I want to know if it was received and when it will be processed.

The registration forms are processed in the order they are received, and it can take up to 24-48 hours as long as there is no additional information needed.

(For day students) COIN is blocking enrollment for a course and states I do not meet pre-requisites - how do I move forward with enrollment?

Students can complete the COIN error form located on the Registrar website. The COIN error form must be completed by the student and signed by an advisor or department chair. The form can then be returned to our office for enrollment.

How do I register in COIN for Students?

You will register for classes in COIN -- UMass Dartmouth's student information system via the myUMassD Portal. Be sure to note the class numbers in the course listings for the classes you want to take. Then:

  1. Log in to the myUMassD portal.
  2. Select COIN from the Launch Pad.
  3. Log in to COIN and click on Academics.
  4. Select add/drop/swap a class.
  5. Select the upcoming term.
  6. Select add classes.
  7. Enter your class numbers; once they have been entered, click on submit.

If you are unable to register for a class, COIN will indicate the reason with an error message. If you need additional help, please reach out to the Student Service Center (SSC) at To resolve technical or log on issues, visit the IT Student Help Desk for assistance.

First-year students are block enrolled in courses by the university, so if you have questions about your schedule, you can ask questions at orientation or contact your department for more information.

Why do I have a hold on my account?

Holds can be placed on your account for a variety of reasons. Anything from an outstanding financial obligation to an overdue library book may trigger a hold. When there is a hold on your account, you may be unable to do certain tasks, such as enroll in classes or obtain official transcripts. These restrictions vary by the type of hold placed. Your list of holds can be found in your COIN Student Center. Contact information for the department who placed the hold is viewable in COIN by selecting the hold.

An advising hold is added to COIN every semester for undergraduate students only. Your advisor will remove the hold after you meet to discuss your course schedule for the next semester.

Where can I see requirements for my college and major or the University Studies requirement?

You can review the specific academic requirements of a college and major in the academic catalog. University Studies consists of a set of required knowledge and skill areas (like General Education programs at most universities). University Studies courses are designed to broaden your areas of knowledge and to sharpen your analytical, critical thinking, and communication skills. To find the approved courses, please visit University Studies.

Who is my advisor? Where can I view this in COIN?

Students can see their academic advisor listed in their COIN Student Center. If an undergraduate student does not see an advisor listed, the various colleges have resources available to students.

How do I register for Online and Continuing Education courses?

To register for Online and Continuing Education courses please review the courses offered, then:

  1. Click on course schedule
  2. Select the appropriate semester and course and add it to the cart
  3. When finished proceed to check out
  4. Select guest students for non-degree students and complete the guest registration
  5. Once the DocuSign registration is complete the Student Service Center will receive for processing
  6. When the enrollment process is complete you will receive an email confirmation of enrollment

What is the turnaround time for Online Guest Registration?

The turnaround period for Online Guest registration is 24-48 hours (about 2 days) if there is no additional information needed. The following will hold up your enrollment:

  • Permission needed from instructor
  • Transcript needed to show pre-requisites
  • Course overload form
  • Third attempt form
  • Course is full

If additional information is required, an email will be sent to the email address you provided on your registration. Once the enrollment is complete, you will receive an email confirmation to the email you provided.

When will my Re-Admit be processed?

After the re-admission form is received by UMass Dartmouth and the $60 non-refundable payment has been collected by the Student Service Center. The form is then sent to the Registrar’s Office for processing. It can then take up to an estimated ten business days for processing and review of your readmission application.


Visit us virtually

Visit us from anywhere, at any time.
Take a virtual tour of the UMass Dartmouth campus.