Looking to declare a major?
The Fall into your Major virtual experience will provide you the opportunity to explore majors and minors at UMassD from the student's perspective.
The College of Arts and Sciences Student Transition and Achievement Resource Center (CAS STAR Center) provides advising for College of Arts and Sciences students. In addition, STAR Center Professional and Faculty advisors are the primary advisors for all Arts and Sciences Undeclared (ASU), ASU Pre-Engineering, and ASU-Pre Sciences students.
Professional academic advisors, peer mentors, and faculty advisors from most Arts & Sciences majors and minors can help you plan your academic career thoughtfully and thoroughly.
Explore majors and minors
Visit the CAS STAR Center for advice when you're:
- trying to decide on a major or minor
- contemplating a double major
- transitioning to a new major
Enrich your academic experience
CAS STAR Center advisors can point you in right direction for information about:
- the Honors College
- internships and experiential learning
- study abroad
Focus on Academic Opportunities
- Check out a helpful academic and advising timeline.
- Research your academic choices of majors and minors.
- Interested in pursuing graduate level degrees related to Health? Consider a pre-med/pre-health advising track.
- Interested in pursuing a law degree? Consider a pre-law advising track.
- Use your Career Center resources to help you understand the connection between majors and minors, and careers you may be interested in.
- Ready to declare a major or minor? Visit the Office of the Registrar's student forms page where you can download an undergraduate major minor change form.
Become a peer mentor
Arts and Sciences students: are you interested in advising fellow students at the STAR Center? You'll develop your interpersonal skills while helping other students identify options and opportunities. Stop by LARTS 222 to learn more about this rewarding experience.