Welcome to the UMass Dartmouth College of Arts & Sciences, also known as CAS!
As the largest college at UMass Dartmouth, CAS houses more than 60 undergraduate and graduate majors and minors, providing students with the resources and educational pathways for a degree and careers across several fields.
Our CAS students have vital learning experiences that:
- encourage rigorous pursuit of knowledge and inspire intellectual curiosity
- provide opportunities to build relationships in the classroom, in the lab, in the field and beyond
- prepare for careers across a variety of fields
These experiences help you gain the skills you need for the careers of tomorrow:
- think critically
- communicate effectively
- 7th Best Education Schools in Massachusetts - U.S. News & World Report
- 7th Best Graduate Public Affairs Program in Massachusetts - U.S. News & World Report
- 43% College of Arts & Sciences students of color
- 8 Fulbright Scholars among College of Arts & Sciences faculty
- #157 Best Education Schools in the U.S. - U.S. News & World Report
- #118 Best Graduate Public Affairs Program in the U.S. - U.S. News & World Report
- 93% College of Arts & Sciences graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate studies within six months of graduation - Class of 2022 NACE survey
- 2411 College of Arts & Sciences total enrollment
- 39% College of Arts & Sciences first-generation students
- 15:1 College of Arts & Sciences Student/Faculty ratio
- $12.4M College of Arts & Sciences grants awarded in the last 3 years
- 100% employed or enrolled in graduate studies among Chemistry, Liberal Arts, Sociology & Anthropology, and Psychology majors - Class of 2022 NACE survey
- #10 Best Online Bachelor's in English - Academic Influence
- #4 Best Online Bachelor's in Public Administration - Academic Influence
- #3 Best Online Bachelor's in Women's and Gender Studies - Academic Influence
- #10 Best Online Bachelor's in Economics - Academic Influence
- #10 Best Public Undergraduate Psychology Programs in New England - U.S. News & World Report
As a national research university, we take pride in our world-class faculty who teach in the classroom and provide hands-on learning and practical skills developed through research and internships. We have experts in many fields, including biology, chemistry, history, political science, psychology, and more.
The art and science of student success
We take pride in our students’ success, and we work tirelessly to create programs and initiatives that help students succeed at UMass Dartmouth. With our low student-faculty ratio, we can provide one-to-one advising and mentorship with faculty members for all of our students. We also have the CAS STAR Center, which provides access to two full-time academic advisors that are dedicated to College of Arts and Sciences students.