Do you dream about pursuing an advanced degree in medicine or a health profession such as chiropractic, dentistry, optometry, pharmacy, physical therapy, podiatry, or veterinary science? UMass Dartmouth's Pre-Med/Pre-Health Advisory Program helps you develop the knowledge and skills necessary for future success in medical and health-related careers.
There is no specific pre-med/pre-health major at UMass Dartmouth. You can choose a major that interests you and that you will enjoy. Our program's advisors will assist you in choosing the science and math courses that will prepare you for admission to medical school and health-related professional programs.
When you apply to UMass Dartmouth, be sure to indicate your interest in pre-med/pre-health on your application.
Pre-Med/Pre-Health Professions Certificate
UMass Dartmouth also offers a Pre-Med/Pre-Health Professions Certificate, which is designed for the student who has already completed a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution but needs to complete the professional program undergraduate requirements before applying to a pre-med or allied health program.
This is a 4-semester course of study. Many certificate students attend on a part-time basis.
Graduation rates, median debt of students who completed the certificate program & other important information
- Experience: UMass Medical School offers programs for Undergraduate Research and Summer Enrichment
- Community: Join the pre-med/pre-health professions student organization
- Honors College: take advanced courses, pursue research, and be part of a community of scholars
- Study Abroad: earn academic credits and gain a global perspective on your field
- Undergraduate Research: faculty work with students on cutting-edge research projects
- University Studies: gain the benefit of a broad university education to enhance your knowledge and skills