The Sociology and Anthropology Department offers a BA degree in Sociology and Anthropology with a concentration in Anthropology: the study of the role culture and power play in the world around us.
As a student, you will:
- analyze culture and power
- develop a holistic perspective
- study communities and cultures
- learn how to conduct field research in local communities
You'll complete 36 credits in courses related to your major, and 120 credits overall.
Genesis Barrientos received an Outstanding Student Award from the National BACCHUS Network for her work in peer health education.
Graduate School Placements
- Harvard Law School
- UMass Dartmouth
- Yale University School of Medicine
- Action for Boston Community
- Alingsås kommun (Sweden)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Family Service of Greater Boston
- Fulbright Commission (Brazil)
- The May Institute
- The New England Center for Children
- Southcoast Hospitals Group
- Honors College: take advanced courses, pursue research, and be part of a community of scholars
- Study Abroad: earn academic credits and gain a global perspective on your field
- Undergraduate Research: faculty work with students on cutting-edge research projects
- University Studies: gain the benefit of a broad university education to enhance your knowledge and skills