Developed for working writers, this certificate program provides practical coursework tailored to your professional setting. As a student, you will gain new skills that help position you for advancement in your current field.
In this 12-credit program, you will:
- Expand your writing skills
- Receive hands-on instruction in new technologies
- Build a greater awareness of audience
- Develop strategies for effective communications
Advantages of a Professional Writing & Communication Certificate
Our 12-credit certificate helps you enhance your skills and credentials in professional writing. It is designed to help you:
- Get a promotion
- Make a career change
- Land new opportunities in freelance work, editing, and consulting
Applicants follow the general procedures for graduate degree acceptance into the master's degree program, but in an abbreviated form.
Apply and submit all required application materials to the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Send an official transcript(s) from colleges or universities
- Write a three-page statement about your writing and professional background and goals
- Complete Certificate Program Application