Leadership & Civic Engagement
UMass Dartmouth's interdisciplinary minor in leadership and civic engagement complements any major, offering the opportunity to promote positive social change. As you practice leadership on campus and in the community, you'll gain the skills to succeed in a variety of careers and professions.
Our curriculum focuses on communication, diversity, ethics, group dynamics, leadership theory, and policy/decision making. Through theory and practice, you'll learn how to:
- communicate effectively through writing and public speaking
- solve problems and apply leadership skills in a variety of contexts
- understand and enact social change
Our faculty are highly respected for their interdisciplinary skills and expertise in leadership, community organizing, and civic engagement.
As a leadership and civic engagement minor, you will work with the Leduc Center for Civic Engagement. The center's mission is to:
- enhance students' education by integrating learning and service
- develop awareness of and desire to affect change
- create enriching partnerships within the community