Do you dream about continuing your education to law school? UMass Dartmouth's Pre-Law advising program provides a solid foundation for future study in fields including commercial, criminal, environmental, family, labor, and tax law.
Studying law will develop your analytical, logical, and creative thinking skills. A background in law prepares you not only for a practice of law, but also for rewarding careers in advocacy, business, and education.
There is no specific pre-law major at UMass Dartmouth—instead, we recommend that you choose a major that you will enjoy, particularly one that will develop your reading, writing, and analytical skills.
Our program's advisors will recommend courses that will prepare you for the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) and law school itself.
- 3+3 Law degree with UMass Law: UMass Law’s accelerated program allows you to receive both an undergraduate degree and a law degree in six rather than seven years. In your fourth year, you would matriculate at UMass Law as a first-year law student.
- Community: Learn more about the study and practice of law by attending events at UMass Law
- Honors College: take advanced courses, pursue research, and be part of a community of scholars
- Study Abroad: earn academic credits and gain a global perspective on your field
- Undergraduate Research: faculty work with students on cutting-edge research projects
- University Studies: gain the benefit of a broad university education to enhance your knowledge and skills