The College of Nursing & Health Sciences and the entire UMass Dartmouth community are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The college is committed to a welcoming and respectful community where all students, faculty, and staff feel valued and accepted. It is vital to our educational mission and professional preparation that our classroom and workplace environment build and maintain civility and respect for all. The College is also committed to social justice, reducing health disparities, and educating culturally competent health professionals who will work in an increasingly multicultural society.
The College of Nursing & Health Sciences will continue to advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion within our chosen healthcare professions, amongst our student body, and within society at large.
Additional university and professional information on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- UMass Dartmouth Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- American Association of College of Nursing (AACN) Position Statement
- ACCN Resources on DEI
- National League of Nursing (NLN) Position Statement
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties
- National Institute for Nursing Research
- American Society of Clinical Pathology
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science