The College of Nursing & Health Sciences offers nationally recognized, comprehensive programs in nursing and medical laboratory science. From our modern nursing labs and instrumentation in our MLS labs, to our outstanding faculty and local clinical partners, our rigorous programs prepare you to begin your health sciences career and to advance in this exciting and challenging profession.
Points of distinction: Nursing
- 95% pass rate: on the NCLEX national nursing examination for 2019 BS graduates, 98% for 2018 BS graduates, and 97% for 2017 BS graduates
- 100% pass rate: on the NCLEX for 2019 second degree/accelerated BS graduates and 88% for the first cohort of graduates in 2018
- Top 10%: U.S. News and World Report ranks the College of Nursing & Health Sciences in the top 10% of "Best Graduate Schools" in the U.S.
- #43 nationally: UMass Dartmouth's online RN to BS degree in nursing ranks #43 in the nation by College Choice for best online RN to BS programs
- Top 50: The College of Nursing & Health Sciences offers one of the top 50 best value PhD nursing programs according to Value Colleges
- Up-to-date facilities: our multi-functional learning environment, with state-of-the-art equipment, is central to the practice of advanced nursing skills
Outcomes measures: Medical Laboratory Science
For students who begin the senior year, the graduation rate is:
Class of 2021: 100% (with a 0% attrition rate)
Results from the ASCP MLS Exam
The national certification examination for graduates from the Clinical Laboratory Science program is the Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) examination offered by the Board of Certification (American Society for Clinical Pathology). The pass rate for graduates who have taken the exam within one year following graduation:
Class of 2021: 100% Pass Rate (National pass rate was 69%)
Employment Success Rate:
Class of 2021: Nineteen (19) graduates had a job or continued with education within one year of graduation with a placement rate of 100%.
Academic programs for every step in your career
Join a vibrant community of exceptional faculty and students who are leaders in the practice and scholarship of nursing.
CNHS faculty scientists
The College’s faculty members combine strong academic credentials with diverse experiences in clinical practice, leadership, and scholarship. They are dedicated to personalized teaching and mentorship. They are involved in important research and encourage their students—at both the undergraduate and graduate levels—to collaborate with them on research.