English & Communication
English & Communication at UMass Dartmouth involves multiple areas of study that include exploration of both literature and writing. Our diverse faculty specialize in a range of fields such as rhetoric and composition, creative nonfiction, world and British literature, and much more. We offer programs at the both the graduate and undergraduate levels.
Interested in English & Communication? Check out our course offerings: Fall 2023 Course Description Booklet
Our Students are Awesome!
Learn more about the recent accomplishments by our excellent department majors below:
- Congratulations to Kamryn Kobel who was awarded an OUR Summer 2023 award to work on her project “The Role of Women Within the Early American Gothic Novel” with her faculty supervisor, Professor Laurel Hankins.
- Congratulations to graduation senior Kathryn Grande, who was recently featured as an exemplar student member of the class of 2023, in the piece "Kathryn Grande '23: Comeback Corsair"
- Congratulations to graduating MPWC student G Elkhoury whose dedication to plain language advocacy and work with minority populations was highlighted in the feature piece "Ghenwa Elkhoury '21, '23: Plain Language"
- Congratulations to department major Kailee Ferreira for earning a spot in the competitive Disney College Program for Fall 2023!
- Congratulations to the following students for receiving the $3000 Augustus Silva Scholarship for 2022-23: Barbara Shaddix, Kamryn Kobel, Anthony James Casino, Sara Michelle Hino, and Elizabeth Fletcher. We also celebrate the following students who were honored for their academic achievements, earning the highest GPAs among students in the major (in alphabetical order): Treg Altman, Rebecca Aubut, Kennedy Callahan, Alex Correia, Emily DeGarie, Jack Dutra, Cameron Figueiredo, Isabella Gerardi, Kathryn Grande, Kamryn Kobel, Jocelyn Kingman, Gregoire Marshall, Brooke Meservey, Carlos Rosado-Lorenzo, and Marissa Sebastiao. The Augustus Silva scholarship was established to provide support to English majors who not only establish a record of academic achievement but who can also demonstrate how their studies in English will help them to achieve their future aspirations
Check back for more news about members of our department community!