COIN authorized access is designed to preserve the integrity of the student's UMassD Logon while allowing involved parties to securely view information that a student wishes to share, including paying a bill and accessing 1098T information for tax purposes.
For more information on authorized access, students can refer to Student Resources in the MyUMassD portal: my.umassd.edu.
Within the COIN Student Center, students set up the designee and create the username and password for the account. It is the responsibility of the student to:
- Maintain this designated account
- Interact with the designee to answer questions
- Resolve any password issues
The student may modify or withdraw access at any time. Multiple designees may be created with varying access levels. For example, an authorized user might have access to view grades and make payments, while another authorized user has access only to make a payment.
It is important that a student NEVER share his/her own UMassD logon with anyone, even a parent or guardian—especially since the UMassD logon is used to authenticate access to email, HR Direct, myCourses, and other critical university systems.
- Authorized users will have view-only access to most items. They cannot, for instance, register for a student.
- The only action an authorized user can take is to pay the student’s bill.
- The provision of access by the students to the authorized user does not replace or change university policy about administrators having discussions about the student with parents or authorized users. Current confidentiality and FERPA procedures will be followed.
- Only the student can add, delete, or change the access given to a particular authorized user. If an authorized user calls and requests access, they will be directed to contact the student.
- Students will be informed of their FERPA rights and the implications of granting certain kinds of access.
A student can grant access to the following COIN functions:
- Academics: Class Schedule, Advising Report, Course History, Grades, Transcript, Enrollment Verification
- Bursar/Billing Information: Account Summary, Health Insurance Form, 1098 Ts, Waivable Fees, Invoices, Make a Payment
- Financial Aid: View Financial Aid/Award