Important Updates to CITS Service Operation and Procedures
- Student Laptop Distribution
- Getting Help with Information Technology
- Faculty and Staff Returning to Campus
- Resources for Teaching, Learning, and Working Remotely
Laptops are available for the Fall 2021 semester!
- Students can submit a request for a student laptop via an IT support case. UMass Dartmouth staff will reach out to the student to verify eligibility.
- Students residing on campus can access the campus wireless eduroam network in the residence halls. Students at off-campus residences must utilize commercial internet service providers (ISPs) available in their area or the wireless eduroam network in the academic buildings, campus dining facilities, or the libraries.
- Students can access University-licensed software via CorsairDesktop.
- Time-limited free access to commercial software.
Students wishing to purchase a laptop can follow these configuration suggestions.
- If you have not used your computer for months, please plan additional time for mandatory updates to install. This may require restarting the computer. You may notice slow performance and applications unexpectedly closing during this time.
- Remember to update voice greetings, email signatures, and email auto-reply messages with current information.
- Please see below how to request assistance from CITS.
IT service continues by appointment only.
Request CITS support via the online IT Help form or the CITS support number at 508.999.8900. When you leave a voice message or submit a support request online, please be specific on how and when CITS staff can reach you. Calls outside the CITS service hours will be directed to the 24/7 IT help desk.
CITS staff will reach out to you within one business day to schedule a remote support session. CITS staff may need to connect to your computer remotely to be able to assist you.
- CITS staff will assess if an in-person appointment is necessary.
Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation.
CITS Business Hours
- Fall 2021 opening extended hours:
- Saturday, Aug 28, and Sunday, Aug 29, 2021: 9:00am to 6:00pm (via 508.999.8900 and https://ithelp.umassd.edu/ only)
- Monday, Aug 30, and Tuesday, Aug 31, 2021: 7:30am to 5:00pm (per above IT service procedure)
- Wednesday, Sept 1, to Friday, Sept 3, 2021: 7:30am to 8:30pm (per above IT service procedure and on-site classroom technology support)
- Saturday, Sept 4, to Monday, Sept 6 2021: 10:00am to 4:00pm (per above IT service procedure)
- Tuesday, Sep 7, to Friday, Sept 10, 2021: 7:30am to 8:30pm (per above IT service procedure and on-site classroom technology support)
- Normal operations, per the above procedures and on-site classroom support, resume after Sept 10, 2021:
- Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 8:30pm
Monday, Oct 11, 2021 (Columbus Day) - closed
Thursday, Nov 11, 2021 (Veterans' Day) - closed
Wednesday, Nov 24, 2021 - closing at 5:00pm
Thursday, Nov 25, 2021 (Thanksgiving) - closed
- Schedule after Thanksgiving and for final exam week to be announced
IT support services are available to:
- faculty and staff using university-owned computers and related peripherals
- students using university IT resources for academic and related pursuits, and resident students for general network connectivity
CITS offers limited support services for devices and equipment that are not owned by the university.