Important Updates to CITS Service Operation and Procedures
- Student Laptop Distribution
- Staff Laptop Program
- Getting Help with Information Technology
- Resources for Teaching, Learning, and Working Remotely
Laptops are still available as of January 15, 2021!
- Students can submit a request for a student laptop via an IT support case. UMass Dartmouth staff will reach out to the student to verify eligibility.
- Students residing on campus can access the campus wireless network in the residence halls. Students at off-campus residences must utilize commercial internet service providers (ISPs) available in their area.
- Students can access University-licensed software via CorsairDesktop.
- Time-limited free access to commercial software.
Students wishing to purchase a laptop can follow these configuration suggestions.
CITS has requested nominations from campus divisions and colleges by December 23, 2020.
- Any staff member who works remotely or in a hybrid mode, and has not recently received an equipment upgrade.
- Priority is given in the following order:
- Staff using a personally-owned computer for remote work.
- Staff using a university-owned desktop computer at home.
- Staff using a CITS loaner-laptop.
- Staff using an underperforming laptop that is older than 3 years
CITS will contact all staff members who have been nominated to receive a laptop with more information the week of January 18, 2021.
CITS has limited staff on campus. IT service continues by appointment only.
Request CITS support via the online IT Help form or the CITS support number at 508.999.8900. When you leave a voice message or submit a support request online, please be specific on how and when CITS staff can reach you. Calls outside the CITS service hours will be directed to the 24/7 IT help desk.
CITS staff will reach out to you within one business day to schedule a remote support session. CITS staff may need to connect to your computer remotely to be able to assist you.
- CITS staff will assess if an in-person appointment is necessary.
Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation.
CITS Business Hours
- Spring 2021 move-in and semester start, extended remote service hours:
- Saturday, January 16, 2021 to Monday, January 18, 2021: 9:00am to 6:00pm
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021 to Friday, January 22, 2021: 7:30am to 9:00pm
- Saturday, January 23, 2021 and Sunday, January 24, 2021: 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Normal operations, per the above procedures, resume on January 25, 2021:
Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 5:00pm
IT support services are available to:
- faculty and staff using university-owned computers and related peripherals
- students using university IT resources for academic and related pursuits, and resident students for general network connectivity
CITS offers limited support services for devices and equipment that are not owned by the university.