Important Updates to CITS Service Operation and Procedures
- Student Laptop Distribution
- Getting Help with Information Technology
- Resources for Teaching, Learning, and Working Remotely
Laptops are still available! However, starting Tuesday, 03/24/2020, all CITS service points will be closed.
- CITS has a limited number of used laptops that were previously located in computer labs available to students who do not have access to a computer in their place of residence. The computers support basic internet access and Microsoft Office applications.
- Students residing on campus can access the campus wireless network in the residence halls. Students at off-campus residences must utilize commercial internet service providers (ISPs) available in their area.
- Students can access University-licensed software via CorsairDesktop.
- Time-limited free access to commercial software.
- Laptops are distributed on a first-come-first-served basis while supplies last.
Pickup times & location
Starting Tuesday, 03/24/2020, all CITS service points will be closed. Please follow the guidance in the Getting Help section below to request an appointment for pickup. Circumstances permitting, CITS will attempt to arrange a pickup appointment.
Students wishing to purchase a laptop can follow these configuration suggestions.
Starting Tuesday, 03/24/2020, CITS only provides remote support.
Request CITS support via the online IT Help form or the CITS support number at 508.999.8900. When you leave a voice message or submit a support request online, please be specific on how and when CITS staff can reach you. Calls outside the CITS service hours will be directed to the 24/7 IT help desk.
- CITS staff will reach out to you within one business day to schedule a remote support session. CITS staff may need to connect to your computer remotely to be able to assist you.
Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation.
CITS Business Hours
Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 5:00pm
IT support services are available to:
- faculty and staff using university-owned computers and related peripherals
- students using university IT resources for academic and related pursuits, and resident students for general network connectivity
CITS offers limited support services for devices and equipment that are not owned by the university.