What is it?
Corsair Desktop allows access to a virtual computer that has University licensed software at any time, from any place, and from any computer with an Internet connection. CITS uses Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) to provide Corsair Desktop to the campus. Corsair Desktop replaces VCL.
Corsair Desktop is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Occasionaly downtime for maintenance will take place on weekends.
Who can use it?
UMass Dartmouth students, faculty, and staff with an active UMassD Logon.
Why use it?
- Provides access to a standard set of licensed software at no cost to you
- Allows access anywhere (your room, your apartment, locally or abroad)
- Allows access anytime (holidays, weekends, or 2am)
- Available on-demand, at your convenience (avoid busy computer labs)
What is available?
Windows versions of University licensed software such as Microsoft Office Suite, Mathematica, and SPSS. Additional software may be available depending on your college or major. Users may connect to the virtual computers from Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and most mobile devices.
How do I use it?
Corsair Desktop is available in the CCB Learning Pavillion and Textiles 001 computer labs, as well as some Engineering labs. Visit Corsair Desktop Labs for more information.
To use Corsair Desktop on your own computer or mobile device, follow the instructions below to install and configure the VMWare software for your operating system.
- VDI VMware Setup for Android
- VDI VMware Setup for iOS
- VDI VMware Setup for MacOS
- VDI VMware Setup for Windows 7
- VDI VMware Setup for Windows 10
Corsair Desktop is also available via the web at view.umassd.edu. However, the web version does not support USB storage, and performance is generally better using the VMWare client software.
Where do I save my files?
- CITS strongly encourages the use of OneDrive to save and store files. The easiest way to access OneDrive is by saving files to the "OneDrive - UMASS Dartmouth" location in Word, Excel, etc. This location is also accessible via O365 through the web, or by using the Microsoft OneDrive application on your phone or mobile device.
- Access to the U: drive will still be available. However, this will eventually be replaced by OneDrive.
Help and Feedback
For help with Corsair Desktop, please use our online IT Help form (login required) or contact the IT Service Center at 508.999.8790.