What is it?
Corsair Desktop allows access to a virtual computer that has university-licensed software from any computer with an Internet connection. Corsair Desktop is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Occasionaly downtime for maintenance will take place on weekends.
Who can use it?
UMass Dartmouth students, faculty, and staff with an active UMassD Logon.
Why use it?
- Provides access to a standard set of licensed software at no cost to you
- Allows access anywhere, anytime, at your convenience
What is available?
The virtual computers incude Windows versions of university-licensed software such as the Microsoft Office Suite, Mathematica, and SPSS. Additional software may be available depending on your college or major.
How do I use it?
Corsair Desktop is available in the CCB Learning Pavillion and Textiles 001 computer labs, as well as some Engineering and CVPA labs. Visit Corsair Desktop Labs and Corsair Desktop for CVPA for more information.
To use Corsair Desktop on your own computer or mobile device, follow the instructions below to install and configure the VMware software for your operating system.
- VDI VMware Setup for Android
- VDI VMware Setup for iOS
- VDI VMware Setup for MacOS
- VDI VMware Setup for Windows 7
- VDI VMware Setup for Windows 10
Corsair Desktop is also available via the web at view.umassd.edu. However, the web version does not support USB storage, and performance is generally better using the VMware client software.
Where do I save my files?
- Do not save to the virtual computer; your work will be lost when you log off.
- CITS strongly encourages OneDrive to save and store files. Access OneDrive directly through the Microsoft Office applications. OneDrive is also accessible via Office 365 through the web, or by using the Microsoft OneDrive application on your phone or mobile device.
- You may configure the VMware software to allow access to your local hard drive and USB storage.
Help and Feedback
For help with Corsair Desktop, please use our online IT Help form (login required) or contact the IT Service Center at 508.999.8790.