First Time Working in a Lab?! Need a refresher?
Learn More About Your Roles and Responsibilities Here:
The Office of Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) assists faculty, staff, and students in all safety-related activities. We aim to provide consultation to all departments so that a safe and healthy working environment is maintained. The EHS Team consists of subject matter experts that manage and implement comprehensive programs for all faculty, staff and students at UMass Dartmouth. In addition, the EHS Team provides audit services to ensure that UMass Dartmouth fulfills compliance driven obligations with all occupational health, safety, and environmental rules and regulations.
- Information, guidance, and training about biosafety, chemical hygiene, ergonomics, fire safety, hazardous waste, industrial hygiene, radiation safety, laser safety, and occupational safety
- Safety audits of campus facilities
- CEMS chemical inventory management
- Chemical fume hood and Biosafety cabinet calibrations and testing
- Emergency eye wash and safety shower testing
- Management of hazardous chemical and biological waste generated as a result of day-to-day educational and research activities
Your interest, cooperation, and participation are essential, as we work together to ensure the health and safety of our campus and our environment. Contact us for more information!
Office Phone: 508-999-8811 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org