UMass Dartmouth’s Office of EHS offers web-based laboratory safety courses for members of our research community. All faculty, researchers and students working in laboratories with chemical or biological hazards are required to complete training courses via the CITI Program website. Students can save progress and return to courses at their convenience via the CITI Program website. CITI program automatically tracks completion and emails users' reminders when refresher training is required. The online “Training for Investigators, Staff and Students Handling Biohazards” and “Lab Chemical Safety” courses cover foundational and core safety elements. CITI tracks users, logs completion records, and includes comprehension quizzes. Faculty and PI/researchers may require students to provide (print or email) their completion record for the lab’s records.
CITI Program Training Website - Login or Register for Training Courses Here!
Click Here To Learn How To Register For Required Lab Safety Courses - Lab Safety Training Requirements
Online Courses Offered
- “Lab Chemical Safety”
- Required for learners that encounter hazardous chemicals while working in a laboratory
- Corresponding regulations: 29 CFR 1910.1450 (OSHA), 40 CFR 265 (EPA), 310 CMR 30.000 (DEP)
- “Training for Investigators, Staff and Students Handling Biohazards”
- Required for learners that encounter biohazards while working in a laboratory
- Corresponding regulation: BMBL/NIH Guidelines on Biosafety (CDC)