You know you want to study business, but you’re not sure of which field. Charlton College of Business introduces students who are undeclared to an array of disciplines to help you make an informed decision about your major.
You’ll have the first three semesters to experience classes in programs like
We help you choose a major
- You’ll consult with faculty and career advisors to identify where you want to go in your career
- You’ll work with the Career Development Center to self-assess and explore your interests as well as various majors and careers.
- You can participate in student organizations that can help you focus your interests
- You can gain hands-on work experience through Charlton’s internships
- A typical course load is 12 to 15 credits per semester. Once 45 credit hours have been accumulated, you must declare a major. Each major requires 27 credit hours or 9 courses.
- Generally, each major has 24 credits of coursework within the major and a 3-credit business elective. A business elective is any 300-400 level course in the College.
- Once you have chosen your major, you will have an advisor in the college who can help you plan the rest of your curriculum.
Internships generally take place in your junior or senior year after you have declared a major. Charlton students have internships in virtually every field of business, as well as healthcare, government and nonprofit organizations.
UMassD graduates can be found throughout the Commonwealth and around the globe from start-ups to multinational corporations. We prepare you to work in any type of organization, and we help you set your career path
- Gain hands-on work experience through Charlton’s internship programs
- Consult with faculty and career advisors to identify where you want to go in your career—and how to get there
- Participate in the many activities sponsored by more than 100 students organizations including DECA
- Benefit from advanced management and leadership education through Charlton's 30 credit MBA program for business majors
- Integrate advanced management study with a law school education through the joint MBA/JD program with UMass Law
- Honors College: take advanced courses, pursue research, and be part of a community of scholars
- Study Abroad: earn academic credits and gain a global perspective on your field
- Undergraduate Research: faculty work with students on cutting-edge research projects
- University Studies: gain the benefit of a broad university education to enhance your knowledge and skills
Charlton College of Business is proud to have earned the "gold standard" of business school recognition: accreditation by AACSB International.