Internships: an important part of your business education
- Career preparation begins in your first year and progresses through each semester.
- You complete assignments to build your career portfolio, participate in workshops, network with professionals, and receive individual coaching.
- We work closely with the Career Development Center to help you find a great internship opportunity that can lead to your dream job.
Charlton students are prepared to succeed in internships in many business disciplines.
Prepare for your future
An internship is an excellent way to prepare for future employment—and to enhance your career and graduate school potential. Employers seek candidates with real-world experience, and internships give employers the opportunity to guide and evaluate talent.
Internship criteria & credits
An internship is a professional learning experience that allows you to apply classroom theory to real-world situations. You can apply to earn course credit for internships that meet Charlton's criteria for experiental learning.
Students interested in having their internship reviewed for approval to take the internship course and earn 3 credits for a business elective should email the following information to their Charlton internship coordinator:
- Your Name, email address, and student ID number
- Number of credits you have earned (must be at least 60 credits)
- Overall GPA (must be at least 2.5 GPA to complete an internship for credit):
- Company name
- Description of the company
- Company website address
- Location of the internship (street address)
- Primary duties and responsibilities of the internship
- What you expect to learn from this experience (list 4 or 5 learning objectives of the internship)
- Hours of work (i.e. 9 to 5, MWF)
- Estimated total hours during the semester (must be at least 135)
- Start and end dates
- Primary supervisor and contact information (include name, phone number, & email address)