2019-2020 Scholarship Application Process
Individual scholarship descriptions contain specific eligibility criteria.
Review all scholarships to take advantage of each opportunity available to you:
- General scholarships
- Scholarships available within your college of study
- UMass System Presidential Scholarships
How to apply
The submission deadlines for all scholarships are March 1 (unless otherwise noted). Please be sure to review all scholarships and deadlines. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. It is your responsibility to make sure you have followed the necessary steps for each scholarship submission. If you email your scholarship application(s), please submit all scholarship material for one scholarship per email and place the name of the scholarship you are applying to on the subject line.
Scholarship awarding for the 2019-20 academic year begins during Spring 2019 and will continue throughout the 2019-20 academic year. Only students that are selected for a scholarship will be notified. Scholarship applications will remain on file for consideration for the entire academic year. Students who receive a scholarship will be required to submit a thank-you letter to the donor for their gift to you.
- Read each scholarship to determine your eligibility.
- Demonstrated financial need is determined by a completed FAFSA.
- If you are ineligible to complete a FAFSA, you do not qualify for those scholarships that require financial need.
- All scholarships have specific criteria listed in their descriptions. If you do not meet all of the eligibility criteria listed, you cannot be selected for that particular scholarship. Please be sure to apply only for scholarships for which you meet all listed parameters.
- A 2018-19 FAFSA completed by March 1 will automatically allow students to be considered for most need-based scholarships. Some need-based scholarships have a separate application which will be listed with the scholarship.
- Merit-based scholarships are determined by the requirements of each individual scholarship.
- Application for merit-based scholarships is completed by submitting a Merit-based Scholarship Application (one application will allow students to be considered for multiple scholarships); a separate scholarship application; or an application process through your college of study.
- For high school and transfer students entering UMassD this fall, there are some scholarships specific for incoming freshmen and transfer students. You can supply a transcript from your high school and/or transferring college/university.
- PhD and professional degree seeking students: At this time, we do not have any scholarships for this group of students.
- UMass Law students: Refer to for available scholarships and fellowships.
Admissions scholarships: curent year
For students admitted on or after 2018
Admissions scholarships: before 2018
For students admitted before 2018
General scholarships: all students
Scholarships by college or program
- Charlton College of Business Scholarships
- College of Arts and Sciences Scholarships
- College of Engineering Scholarships
- College of Nursing Scholarships
- College of Visual and Performing Arts Scholarships
- Online & Continuing Education Scholarships
Study abroad scholarships
|Download a free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print some scholarship applications.|