Current scholarships awarded by UMassD are searchable on our scholarship landing page.
These include general scholarships, scholarships available within your college of study, and UMass Presidential Scholarships. Individual scholarship descriptions contain specific eligibility criteria. Be sure to review all scholarships to take advantage of every opportunity available to you.
You can apply for UMassD scholarships at the scholarship landing page. Use your UMassD username and password to log in.
New students: you will receive UMassD student account information once your application to apply has been processed through our Admissions Office, and you have made your deposit to enroll.
Tip: Be sure to review all scholarships and deadlines. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. It is your responsibility to make sure you have followed the necessary steps for each scholarship.
Scholarship awarding for the 2020-2021 academic year begins in spring 2020 and will continue throughout the 2020-21 academic year. Only students who are selected for scholarships will be notified. Scholarship applications will remain on file for consideration for the entire academic year. Students who receive a scholarship will be required to submit a thank-you letter to the donor for their gift to you. Presidential scholarship recipients will also be required to submit a short biography and photograph.
For students admitted on or after 2018
Admissions scholarships: before 2018
For students admitted before 2018
When applying for scholarships, remember the following:
- Read each scholarship to determine your eligibility.
- Demonstrated financial need is determined by a completed FAFSA.
- If you are ineligible to complete a FAFSA, you do not qualify for scholarships based on financial need.
- All scholarships have specific criteria listed in their descriptions. If you do not meet all of the eligibility criteria listed, you cannot be selected for that particular scholarship. Please be sure to apply only for scholarships for which you meet all listed parameters.
- Merit-based scholarships are determined by the requirements of each individual scholarship.
- For high school and transfer students entering UMassD this fall, there are some scholarships specifically for incoming freshmen and transfer students. You can supply a transcript from your high school and/or transferring college/university.
- PhD and professional degree seeking students: at this time, we do not have any scholarships for this group of students.
- UMass Law students: refer to UMass Law Fellowships & Scholarships.