Advance your career with Charlton’s Master of Science in Accounting (MSA). The MSA offers the professional development that will position you as a leader in the accounting field while maximizing your earnings potential.
If you have your bachelor’s degree in accounting, pursuing the MSA offers the academic preparation and practical skills that will lead to career success.
For non-accounting graduates, the MSA provides the opportunity to transition to rewarding careers in accounting and related professions.
CPA, CMA, and other accounting certifications
If you are pursuing the CPA designation, the MSA program will help you meet the 150-credit rule that has been adopted by all states. The program offers courses that are consistent with the content specifications of the CPA and Certified Management Accounting (CMA) exams and topics. The program will also provide excellent preparation for other valuable accounting-related professional certifications such as the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
UMass Dartmouth advantages
• Maximum flexibility with online, blended, and face-to-face delivery formats
• Offers three tracks of graduate accounting education for students with different accounting and business backgrounds
• Provides high value and high quality
• Taught by leading scholars supplemented by a cadre of seasoned practitioners
• Opportunities for networking and dialogue with other professionals and faculty
Program requirements vary, depending on whether you begin the MSA with a bachelor's degree in accounting, a business degree, or a degree in another field.
With a bachelor's in accounting:
• 7 required courses
• 3 elective courses
With a bachelor's in business:
• 9 required courses
• 2 elective courses
With a bachelor's in another field:
• 15 required courses
ACT 650 Accounting for Decision Making
ACT 670 Financial Statement Analysis and Firm Valuation
ACT 671 Strategic Cost Management
ACT 672 International Accounting
ACT 673 Government and Non-profit Accounting
ACT 680 Forensic Accounting
ACT 681 Advanced Managerial Accounting
MGT 600 Corporate Social Responsibility and Law
MIS 650 Information Technology Management
FIN 650 Finance for Decision Making
Candidates must submit the required application materials and application fee to the Graduate School. Applications are reviewed and judged on the following criteria:
- Undergraduate degree: Official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended
- Official GMAT (or equivalent) test score or GMAT can be waived
- 1 letter of recommendation: preferably from a faculty member or an employer
- A personal statement (minimum 300 words) explaining the applicant's career goals and motivation for the degree
- Current Resume
- Candidates whose Bachelor’s degree was not earned in an approved English language country must submit either the TOEFL exam (minimum score of 80 internet-based or 550 paper-based) or IELTS exam (minimum band score of 6.5)
Charlton College of Business is proud to have earned the "gold standard" of business school recognition: accreditation by AACSB International.