Advance your career with Charlton’s Master of Science in Accounting (MSA). The MSA offers the professional development that will position you as a leader in the accounting field while maximizing your earnings potential.
If you have your bachelor’s degree in accounting, pursuing the MSA offers the academic preparation and practical skills that will lead to career success.
For non-accounting graduates, the MSA provides the opportunity to transition to rewarding careers in accounting and related professions.
CPA, CMA, and other accounting certifications
If you are pursuing the CPA designation, the MSA program will help you meet the 150-credit rule that has been adopted by all states. The program offers courses that are consistent with the content specifications of the CPA and Certified Management Accounting (CMA) exams and topics. The program will also provide excellent preparation for other valuable accounting-related professional certifications such as the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
Program requirements vary, depending on whether you begin the MSA with a bachelor's degree in accounting, a business degree, or a degree in another field.
With a bachelor's in accounting:
- 7 required courses
- 3 elective courses
With a bachelor's in business:
- 9 required courses
- 2 elective courses
With a bachelor's in another field:
- 15 required courses
Selected MS Accounting courses
- ACT 650 Accounting for Decision Making
- ACT 670 Financial Statement Analysis and Firm Valuation
- ACT 671 Strategic Cost Management
- ACT 672 International Accounting
- ACT 673 Government and Non-profit Accounting
- ACT 680 Forensic Accounting
- ACT 681 Advanced Managerial Accounting
- MGT 600 Corporate Social Responsibility and Law
- MIS 650 Information Technology Management
- FIN 650 Finance for Decision Making
Course descriptions, schedules and requirements
Accounting MS mean starting salary:
NACE Data Collection of Class of 2022 Graduate Alumni
- Maximum flexibility with online, blended, and face-to-face delivery formats
- Offers three tracks of graduate accounting education for students with different accounting and business backgrounds
- Provides high value and high quality
- Taught by leading scholars supplemented by a cadre of seasoned practitioners
- Opportunities for networking and dialogue with other professionals and faculty
We offer the option to earn your master's degree in a 100% online program. Learn more: MS in Accounting online.