MBA: Business Analytics
Business Analytics Concentration (STEM program)
The Charlton Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in business analytics provides advanced study in management, along with the technologies and concepts needed for managing and analyzing data. Students will gain the skills, technologies, concepts, applications, and processes needed for managing and acting on big and small data through contemporary business analytics. This MBA program requires 30 credit hours plus any applicable foundation courses.
The MBA-business analytics concentration is STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math)-designated, offering students on a VISA an extended OPT upon completion of the degree.
- ACT 650: Accounting for Decision Making
- MKT 650: Marketing Strategy
- FIN 650: Finance for Decision Making
- MIS 650: Information Technology Management
- POM 651: Advanced Operations Analysis
- MGT 650: Advanced Organizational Behavior
- MGT 659: Strategic Management
Students may choose three electives from the following courses
- MIS 681: Business Intelligence and Knowledge Management
- MIS 674: Applied Business Analytics and Information Visualization
- POM 681: Business Analytics and Data Mining
- MIS 690 / POM 690: Special Topics
Prerequisites or additional requirements (as needed)
- ACT 500: Financial Accounting
- FIN 500: Economic Concepts for Managers
- POM 500: Statistical Analysis
Course descriptions, schedules and requirements
International (F-1) students who receive science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) degrees may be eligible to apply for a 24-month extension of their post-completion optional practical training (OPT). To learn about the eligibility criteria and detailed steps to apply, please review the International Student & Scholar Center (ISSC) OPT page and USCIS resources. F-1 students must consult with the ISSC to apply for STEM OPT.